Windows 10: I accidentally deleted the desktop file

Discus and support I accidentally deleted the desktop file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I kinda screwed up. Through command prompt, I was trying to delete a specific folder, but instead deleted my entire desktop folder. Now my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scidude42, Feb 8, 2020.

1. I accidentally deleted the desktop file

So I kinda screwed up. Through command prompt, I was trying to delete a specific folder, but instead deleted my entire desktop folder. Now my desktop is empty, but if I search for the app it comes up. Anyone know a fix?

submitted by /u/Scidude42
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scidude42, Feb 8, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Feb 8, 2020
  4. I accidentally deleted the desktop file

How can i restore my accidental deletion of about 1/2 of my desktop icons

Hi,

Since your desktop icons are not in the Recycle Bin, we suggest that you create a new shortcut for your preferred applications. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop > New > Shortcut.
    • Enter the path of the application you want to create an icon or select Browse... > click OK > Next > Finish.
    Note: If the deleted icons on your desktops are not shortcuts, but are saved files, it may be possible to retrieve them if they are saved in OneDrive.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regile Reb, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally deleted the desktop file

1. I accidentally deleted the desktop file - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted desktop

2. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  3. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer: Hi all,I have seen a couple of threads on the same issue, but I opted to reach out.As a forenote, I have attempted a system recovery, but this has failed due to a 0x80070005 error, if I recall correctly.I was cleaning and deleting old files through File Explorer and...
  4. Accidental deletion of "Desktop" folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File deleted accidentally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  6. File deleted accidentally

File deleted accidentally: Where is the trash bin in Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-deleted-accidentally/98e95b04-7eef-4387-b070-51941edc672c
  7. I accidentally deleted wow6432node on a desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted wow6432node on a desktop: Hi I really need helpI deleted wow6432node file due to misleading and my computer does seem to startup and I have no backups and Ive tried many things and am thinking to Redman loading windows 10 from a flash drive, will that fix the problem because resetting wont . Most of...
  8. I accidentally deleted wow6432node on a desktop

I accidentally deleted wow6432node on a desktop: Hi I really need helpI deleted wow6432node file due to misleading and my computer does seem to startup and I have no backups and Ive tried many things and am thinking to Redman loading windows 10 from a flash drive, will that fix the problem because resetting wont . Most of...
  9. I accidentally deleted wow6432node on a desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ACCIDENTALLY DELETED FILES: I accidentally deleted files from Downloads Folder using Clean Now button (it can be found in Settings - Storage - Click on "Change how we free up space automatically". I forgot that I didn't have a back up copy of all my files in the Downloads Folder but at that time I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. suggest a app in the microsoft store that will retrieve accidentally deleted file and resore them