Windows 10: I accidentally deleted the EFI.

Discus and support I accidentally deleted the EFI. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So yes, I accidentally deleted the EFI partition, and my system is now unbootable. What do I do?How can I boot back to Windows?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taha Tamer Şentürk, Jun 14, 2021.

1. I accidentally deleted the EFI.

So yes, I accidentally deleted the EFI partition, and my system is now unbootable. What do I do?How can I boot back to Windows?

:)

Taha Tamer Şentürk, Jun 14, 2021

2. EFI partition delete issues and restoration

If I delete the EFI partition accidentally in Windows 10, how do I setup or manage or restore the EFI partition?

Kaushik Guha, Jun 14, 2021
  3. trog100 Win User
    Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile I accidentally deleted the EFI. :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Jun 14, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

I accidentally deleted the EFI.

How to install Win10 when the Recovery & EFI partitions were deleted?

There are a couple of issues with the above sequence. First, @drpeppercan stated that they already deleted the EFI system and recovery partition. So why is there a select part 1 and delete part override in the command sequence? What is being deleted? The Microsoft System Reserved partition? Hopefully there is an MSR partition there because if partition 1 is the Windows OS partition, then you just deleted Windows. And if there is an MSR partition there, why delete it?

Second, without a size specified when creating the EFI System Partition, it is just going to fill all available free space at the beginning of the drive. If there was a recovery partition, EFI System Partition and MSR partition, that free space is likely to be 600 MB is size, so you just created a 600 MB EFI System Partition that only needs to be 100 MB in size.

Without seeing the layout of the disk with: select disk 0, detail disk, list part you can't really suggest an accurate list of commands to rebuild the EFI system partition. It's only guessing.

NavyLCDR, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

I accidentally deleted the EFI.

1. I accidentally deleted the EFI. - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted EFI

2. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?: I have recently migrated cloned my Windows 10 installation from an HDD to an SSD.I had created a new EFI System Partition on the SSD and was creating a corresponding BCD entry using the `bcdboot` command when I accidentally created a BCD store in the C partition, instead of...
  3. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?: I have recently migrated cloned my Windows 10 installation from an HDD to an SSD.I had created a new EFI System Partition on the SSD and was creating a corresponding BCD entry using the `bcdboot` command when I accidentally created a BCD store in the C partition, instead of...
  4. How to delete EFI Boot Store accidentally created on wrong partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Accidentally Deleted EFI System Partition, Trying To Get Back To Boot

Accidentally Deleted EFI System Partition, Trying To Get Back To Boot: Hi, I was messing around with some Linux installation stuff for a side project that needed it and long story short I ended up deleting the 100mb "EFI System" partition. This understandably led my computer to no longer recognizing my Windows installation, and it disappeared as...
  6. I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS

I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS: So, as you can see I accidentally format the EFI partition and now my laptop Asus-X441UV is "OS-less". Thankfully I still can access the data via boot menu Linux Mint haven't download for Windows one. What should I do? Thanks and sorry for my carelessness...
  7. Should I delete this EFI Partition?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I delete this EFI Partition?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/not_sahil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkgptx/should_i_delete_this_efi_partition/
  8. Accidentally formatted Windows EFI artition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally formatted Windows EFI artition: I'm trying to dual-boot Arch Linux and Windows 10. While installing Arch Linux, I accidentally formatted the Windows EFI partition. Now GRUB (the bootloader I'm using for Arch) doesn't detect Windows and the Boot manager also doesn't show Windows. I tried copying everything...
  9. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...
  10. EFI partition deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    EFI partition deleted: While installing a different OS. My EFI partition was wiped and set as unallocated space. I booted up a linux live cd and partitioned the unallocated space, formatting it back to FAT32. I was able to restore grub and boot into my linux distro. Now I want to restore windows'...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deleted efi partition windows 10