Windows 10: I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture" in the Slideshow for Lock Screen on...

Discus and support I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture" in the Slideshow for Lock Screen on... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Need Help, I was in the Lock Screen options for Windows 10 and I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture", and unfortunately now I only... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AunKhan, Jun 29, 2019.

1. AunKhan Win User

I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture" in the Slideshow for Lock Screen on...

Need Help,

I was in the Lock Screen options for Windows 10 and I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture", and unfortunately now I only have one option

which is "Add a Folder".

Can you please provide a solution to how I can get back my "Add a Picture" option for the Slideshow in Lock Screen in Windows 10?

Thank you

I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture" in the Slideshow for Lock Screen on... [​IMG]

:)

AunKhan, Jun 29, 2019

2. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Hi, my issue with Windows 10x64 1803 Lock screen slideshow not working is a bit different than usual

When the issue occurs (not always, but almost always), the screen shows the defined Picture (and no clock etc.) _however_ when I press Enter, before showing the lockscreen as the overlaying picture is sliding away I can see a flicker of the slideshow underneath.
    These are pictures from the correct folder and it looks as expected. After the flicker it shows the login screen with a picture

(login screen is kinda OK but half the time accounts (two) are doubled (making it 4), they differ in that in each pair one of the user pictures has a circle shape and the other is square, and the square ones have extra text underneath "Windows will try to
    connect to {companyName}" .... I don't know if this is the cause or something completely unrelated ... but this question is about slideshow)

I have done lot of the usual steps (most of these relate to slideshow not working at all which isn't my issue anyway):

- remove the slideshow, lock, re-add it

- rename the slideshow folder

- changed settings in Power options (only Balanced is in the list) for Desktop background settings for battery to Available

- adjusted Advanced settings for slideshow to show not fitting images, show on battery, show lockscreen instead of turning off

- require user to press CtrlAltDelete is unchecked and disabled

- Windows Search is set to Automatic and running

- folder with images is indexed

No Windows updates pending atm

Restart didn't help

Ideally if this can be solved without restoration or reinstall or something of that caliber hopefully

Thank you!

JiriPetruzelka, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Lock screen slideshow pictures showing mirror format on Windows 10.

Hi Ron,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "slideshow shows pictures, they are all in mirror format", which option have setup in the Lock screen? Have you selected Slideshow option or picture option under Lock screen settings?
    • Have you made changes in the Lock screen settings prior to the issue?

If you selected Slideshow option from lock screen settings, then I suggest you to choose a new picture folder in the setting and check if it helps.

Also try to check if you have Windows spotlight option under the Lock screen settings.

Please send us the screenshot of lock screen for better understanding of the issue.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen pictures, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 29, 2019
  4. I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture" in the Slideshow for Lock Screen on...

Lock screen picture

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Start Button

• Select Settings

• Click on Personalization

• Select Lock screen

• Click and make the background option as Slideshow

• Choose an album for your slideshow
    I hope you will be able to use slideshow in lock screen. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture" in the Slideshow for Lock Screen on...

1. I accidentally deleted the Option to "Add a Picture" in the Slideshow for Lock Screen on... - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted Option

2. Lock Screen SlideShow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen SlideShow: Hello!I have a small issue.I was personalising my computer and when I finished I was really excited!However, when I turned off my computer and turned it back on, a photo that's not in my slideshow folder, appeared. It's agitating as I'm setting up a theme and a random photo...
  3. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working: I wanted to set an image folder for the lock screen and screen saver not the same folder, but as soon as I close the options window thinking it has saved everything, It resets back to my actual image and no screensaver at all...I tried to move the image folders from the...
  4. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working: I wanted to set an image folder for the lock screen and screen saver not the same folder, but as soon as I close the options window thinking it has saved everything, It resets back to my actual image and no screensaver at all...I tried to move the image folders from the...
  5. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue

Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Image Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  7. Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Slideshow Picture Folder Imager Issue: Hi, I'm trying to get my lock screen to utilize the slide show option, but when I choose that option I receive a prompt that says " You need more than one picture to show in your slideshow." So I click on the + Add Folder and try and choose spotlight images in my pictures...
  8. Lock screen picture overlays slideshow

Lock screen picture overlays slideshow: Hi, my issue with Windows 10x64 1803 Lock screen slideshow not working is a bit different than usual When the issue occurs (not always, but almost always), the screen shows the defined Picture (and no clock etc.) _however_ when I press Enter, before showing the lockscreen...
  9. how to delete lock screen picture delete

how to delete lock screen picture delete: how to delete lock screen unwanted picture delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-delete-lock-screen-picture-delete/23c4bb68-547d-482d-9a44-1a4069eaf066
  10. Lock Screen Slideshow

Lock Screen Slideshow: Ok guys has anyone got the slideshow to work on your lock screen yet, i have tried everything including deleteing a particular file in screen folder to making new files everywhere and still nothing, when i press WIN + L it works great but the minute i reboot my PC nothing the...