Windows 10: I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?

Discus and support I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnGarrick2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?

I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?

:)

JohnGarrick2, Oct 12, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it? ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Oct 12, 2018
  4. I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?

I ACCIDENTALLY DELETED A PROGRAM HOW DO I REINSTALL IT

Hi Veronica,

Based on the information you have provided, we may need to further investigate what's going on. Kindly answer the following questions:

• When you mentioned that you deleted the program, did you mean that you accidentally deleted the program shortcut on the desktop or did you uninstall the program completely in Control Panel?
    • Is the deleted program an app from the Windows Store or a program you installed from an installer? If it is a program from an installer, do you still have the installer on hand?

If you only deleted the shortcut of the program, this does not mean that the program has been uninstalled. You can easily search for the program, and then create a new shortcut by following the steps below:

• Click on Search, Cortana, or Start, and then type in the program.
    • In the results, right-click on the program/app, and then select
      Open file location.
    • In the folder the opens, right-click on the program, and then select
      Send to > Desktop.

If this is an app from the Windows Store, you may reinstall the app from the Windows Store again, but if it is a program you manually installed from an installer, you need the installer in order to reinstall the program on your PC.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Patricia Yu, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it?

1. I accidentally deleted windows/installer; how can I reinstall it? - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted installer

2. i accidentally deleted a file how can bring it back??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i accidentally deleted a file how can bring it back??: i accidentally deleted a file i need to bring it back please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-a-file-how-can-bring-it/fe00da0b-8ec9-41ad-9ba3-922c736c617e
  3. I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?: HelloThis is a long story but ill shorten it as possible not very important so you can skip this partI found my old ps3 controller and i wondered if i can use it on my computer. Turns out i can using a software called ScpToolKit.So i downloaded it and ran it. It was...
  4. I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?

I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?: HelloThis is a long story but ill shorten it as possible not very important so you can skip this partI found my old ps3 controller and i wondered if i can use it on my computer. Turns out i can using a software called ScpToolKit.So i downloaded it and ran it. It was...
  5. I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How can I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted?

How can I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted?: Help! How do I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-retrieve-a-folder-that-was-accidentally/bf872db4-3ac9-407a-876e-1d4700a8c7fa
  7. How can I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted?: Help! How do I retrieve a folder that was accidentally deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-retrieve-a-folder-that-was-accidentally/bf872db4-3ac9-407a-876e-1d4700a8c7fa
  8. How to identify and reinstall bluetooth if i accidentally deleted it?

How to identify and reinstall bluetooth if i accidentally deleted it?: My bluetooth didn't have the toggle to turn it on, so i followed some directions i found online that said to uninstall the generic bluetooth adapter. However, for some reason instead of deleting just that, it deleted bluetooth completely. It no longer shows up in my device...
  9. Reinstalling a program that I accidentally deleted in the control panel

Reinstalling a program that I accidentally deleted in the control panel: Hi, I accidentally uninstalled a program Miracast on my Control Panel and now I want to get it back but I do not know how. I am seeing no "reinstall" buttons. Actually I think I lost it when I updated the Network Adapter in the Control Panel well maybe but not completely...
  10. How can I reinstall a webcam that I accidentally uninstalled?

How can I reinstall a webcam that I accidentally uninstalled?: A few days ago, I uninstalled my webcam with the hopes of reinstalling it. I can't find a way to do it. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-a-webcam-that-i-accidentally/80acb65a-8ac6-45be-b1f7-6ea8044a9fc1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally deleted windows installer

2. I accidentally uninstalled downloader .dll

3. can i reinstall windows if i accidentally erased it

4. i accidently deleted windows installer. how do i get it back