Windows 10: I accidentally disabled the user profile

Discus and support I accidentally disabled the user profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally disabled the user profile services, and suddenly all the applications just stopped working. I restarted my pc cause i couldn't open any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MohammadSarosong, Sep 30, 2019.

1. I accidentally disabled the user profile

I accidentally disabled the user profile services, and suddenly all the applications just stopped working.

I restarted my pc cause i couldn't open any application, instead it just sent me back to say hi were updating on your pc online.

and it keeps looping on like forever I couldn't give a screen shot cause my phone is broken

:)

MohammadSarosong, Sep 30, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Deleting Windows 10 user account/profile

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you login to an Administrator account?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you disable the said user account via Command Prompt. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start button, select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
    Enter.

3. A list of user profiles on your computer will appear, if you see the user account you wish to disable then you can type:

net user ExampleUserName /active:no (note the space between the end of the user name and the /) and press
    Enter.

Note: Make sure that you have other accounts available to your computer with Administrator rights before performing this method.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 30, 2019
  4. I accidentally disabled the user profile

User profile cannot be loaded.

Hi Annie,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

I accidentally disabled the user profile

1. I accidentally disabled the user profile - Similar Threads - accidentally disabled user

2. Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery: When I bought my laptop MSI gf 63 thin it had pre installed windows 11 and when I booted this laptop for the first time it asked me to sign-in so I did the old account I made using Gmail was my old phone number like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it became...
  3. Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted the default user profile from the registery: When I bought my laptop MSI gf 63 thin it had pre installed windows 11 and when I booted this laptop for the first time it asked me to sign-in so I did the old account I made using Gmail was my old phone number like *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and it became...
  4. I accidentally updated my laptop and it made my user profile temporary

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally updated my laptop and it made my user profile temporary: so as the title suggests, I accidentally pressed the restart and update button. I expected this to fail because it's not the first time this happened. Every time i accidentally update my laptop it just fails the update and returns everything to normal, but this update **** up...
  5. I accidentally updated my laptop and it made my user profile temporary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally updated my laptop and it made my user profile temporary: so as the title suggests, I accidentally pressed the restart and update button. I expected this to fail because it's not the first time this happened. Every time i accidentally update my laptop it just fails the update and returns everything to normal, but this update **** up...
  6. I accidentally updated my laptop and it made my user profile temporary

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Accidentally Merged User Profile Folder With Video Folder

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Accidentally Merged User Profile Folder With Video Folder: Basically what its said on the tin. I merged that folder with the Video folder when I was moving said video folder from D: back to C: To be specific it was the named folder. The "Owner" folder. I tried moving everything from that folder into a new one labeled "ST" after my...
  8. Fix accidentally merged user profile folder with library downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fix accidentally merged user profile folder with library downloads: I was moving some files around on my hard drive and I accidentally merged my User folder with my Downloads folder. So in my C:\User directory instead of seeing C:\Users\MyName I see C:\Users\Downloads. Is there a way to fix this using PowerShell or Registry Edit? Below is...
  9. Restore user profile accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restore user profile accidentally deleted: Hi, I tried to delete my secondary user account and I accidentally deleted both of them. I lost almost everything. Is there any way it can be recovered? with the previous settings and all that? I do not have a restore back up date. None of the files I had on my desktop...
  10. Accidentally deleted user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally deleted user profile: Hi I was manually deleting a previous laptop owner’s user profile yet somehow my own and current profile was deleted even though i did not select it, and even thougj windows categorically states it cannot be done whilst logged into it, which i was. My questions are: 1)...