Windows 10: I accidentally downloaded a virus

Discus and support I accidentally downloaded a virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally downloaded a virus and it deleted some important files like windows10upgrade. I tries rebooting my drives completly and it didnt work.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yuvalevron, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I accidentally downloaded a virus

I accidentally downloaded a virus and it deleted some important files like windows10upgrade.

I tries rebooting my drives completly and it didnt work.

I think its because it deleted windows10upgrade.

If anyone can help me i will be grateful

:)

yuvalevron, Dec 13, 2018
  2. djimonp Win User

auto clock virus

Hey guys need some help I accidentally downloaded to auto clock virus (which also had a UC Browser with all writing in japanese) I spent 2 hours trying to clean it but there are still files left causing my pc

(disk,memory etc) to be moving at 100% constantly... any suggested softwatre or steps I can use to fix this HELP URGENTLY PLEASE

djimonp, Dec 13, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    New Virus Comes Disguised as IE7 Download

If you receive an e-mail offering a download of Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, delete it. A new virus is spreading all over the web. The e-mail includes a convincing graphic that looks like it could really be from Microsoft, and the virus is delivered when recipients click on the included link. The e-mails carry the subject line "Internet Explorer 7 Downloads" and appear to come from admin@microsoft.com. They include a blue, Microsoft-style graphic offering a download of IE 7 beta 2. Clicking the graphic will download an executable file called IE 7.exe. The file is actually a new virus called Virus.Win32.Grum. Security experts are still trying to analyze the virus, which may affect your registry, mail contact list or steal personal information from your computer.

Source: Network World

malware, Dec 13, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

I accidentally downloaded a virus

New PC DRM!

You mean:

Pirated
    Step 1: Find Pirated version.
    Step 2: Download (which takes far longer than all the waiting for saving would take if your internet connection truly is slow)
    Step 3: Scan downloaded copy with anti-virus.
    Step 4: Install and pray hard that it isn't virus infected
    Step 5: Install the pirating bit and pray some more that it isn't a virus
    Step 6: Enjoy with above worries
    Step 7: Save

newtekie1, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

I accidentally downloaded a virus

1. I accidentally downloaded a virus - Similar Threads - accidentally downloaded virus

2. i downloaded virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i downloaded virus: i downloaded virus and i deleted all the files and its okay now but in my windows protection history it says remediation incomplete, status: failed and i cant delete the protection history because it says you need permission from system, i tried to edit my permissions in...
  3. i downloaded virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i downloaded virus: i downloaded virus and i deleted all the files and its okay now but in my windows protection history it says remediation incomplete, status: failed and i cant delete the protection history because it says you need permission from system, i tried to edit my permissions in...
  4. I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file: I finally fell for an old trick - while trying to download a perfectly safe file from the internet, I mistakenly downloaded file through the internet called setup.exe and ran it. The properties of the file shows the target as "https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z2201.msi".What is...
  5. I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file: I finally fell for an old trick - while trying to download a perfectly safe file from the internet, I mistakenly downloaded file through the internet called setup.exe and ran it. The properties of the file shows the target as "https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z2201.msi".What is...
  6. I accidentally downloaded a .exe virus file

7. accidentally installed a virus

accidentally installed a virus: so for the first time in a while I managed to download a virus from a fake blender website that automatically closes chrome any time i open it, I installed frst but now I need a fixlist that i am not sure how to get, any help would be greatly appreciated. I will send the frst...
  8. I downloaded a virus

I downloaded a virus: Hello, I downloaded a virus and my windows defender detected it but before i knew it was a virus i ran it and now the defender doesent remove it when i click start actions. so I try to download a antivirus like avast but it crashes my browser instantly. anyone have a fix?...
  9. Accidentally restored a virus?

Accidentally restored a virus?: I noticed on windows defender a click trojan was under my quarantine list. I read online the way to delete it permanently was to click "remove". Well it was removed alright. .removed from quarantine and restored!! How do I find it and re-quarantine it??? I search for it and...
  10. Help i accidentally downladed a virus

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help i accidentally downladed a virus: I used windows defender and avast to clear it but soemtimes when i watch videos i can hear a arab guy saying something and when i press space its like i unpause i video i never clicked on, how can i get rid of this? if this isnt the apropriate subreddit can i get a link to...