Windows 10: I accidentally formatted pre installed windows for my newly purchased laptop

Discus and support I accidentally formatted pre installed windows for my newly purchased laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop which had pre installed Windows 10 in one of the default partitions. I did not know if it had the pre installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Markx O. Brian, Jul 23, 2019.

1. I accidentally formatted pre installed windows for my newly purchased laptop

Hi, I recently purchased a new laptop which had pre installed Windows 10 in one of the default partitions. I did not know if it had the pre installed windows at first so I proceeded with normal USB windows installation. Now I have ended up with unlicensed Windows on a machine which had Pre Activated Windows. How do I activate my current OS since the machine was meant to have a licensed OS?

Note: I did not boot with the pre installed windows, meaning the solution of linking my OS to my MS Account won't apply in this case.

:)

Markx O. Brian, Jul 23, 2019

2. Acer laptop with windows 10 pre-installed

I purchased a laptop with windows 10 pre-installed and it has only two drives (e.g. C and D). I like to make it in 3 drives or partition. Please provide the steps for formatting without losing my original OS windows 10.

SUBRATA SAHA, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Formatting a Laptop that came pre installed with Windows 7

I just recently found my old laptop that I want to wipe clean and re install Windows 7. I have the product key that was on the bottom of the laptop and need to know the next steps. Windows 7 was pre installed. I did not purchase it.

ReneJacinto, Jul 23, 2019
  4. I accidentally formatted pre installed windows for my newly purchased laptop

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

I accidentally formatted pre installed windows for my newly purchased laptop

1. I accidentally formatted pre installed windows for my newly purchased laptop - Similar Threads - accidentally formatted pre

2. I recently activated my newly built PC but accidentally purchased windows 11 pro twice...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently activated my newly built PC but accidentally purchased windows 11 pro twice...: I recently activated my newly built PC but accidentally purchased windows 11 pro twice within 60 seconds. How do I cancel duplicate purchase of windows 11 pro? It will not let me in my order history! and contacting Microsoft is apparently impossible? any attempt to contact...
  3. I recently activated my newly built PC but accidentally purchased windows 11 pro twice...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently activated my newly built PC but accidentally purchased windows 11 pro twice...: I recently activated my newly built PC but accidentally purchased windows 11 pro twice within 60 seconds. How do I cancel duplicate purchase of windows 11 pro? It will not let me in my order history! and contacting Microsoft is apparently impossible? any attempt to contact...
  4. Windows Pre installed laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pre installed laptop: Why don't the 2022 and 2023 laptops pre-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pre-installed-laptop/0c68892a-47f1-44b2-8834-fd31afee24d4
  5. Windows Pre installed laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Pre installed laptop: Why don't the 2022 and 2023 laptops pre-install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pre-installed-laptop/0c68892a-47f1-44b2-8834-fd31afee24d4
  6. How do I update my newly formatted laptop to the latest windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I update my newly formatted laptop to the latest windows update?: So I want to get the latest updates on my newly resetted laptop, and downloading every other update just to get to the latest one which is 20h2 I think will take forever, does someone know like a method of getting the latest update in one run? is there like a iso or something...
  7. Accidentally put a newly purchased product key on my already activated windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidentally put a newly purchased product key on my already activated windows 10: Hello,Assume I have PC A and PC B... PC A is already activated via digital license linked through my Microsoft Account, PC B is not activated at all.I purchased a Product Key which I intended to use on my PC B, but I accidentally did it on the other one already activated...
  8. Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows...

Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows...: Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows 10 , but after feature update , the message is showing that windows is not activated, - before update in the activation menu message was your windows is activated with your digital...
  9. Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows...

Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows...: Windows is not activated after update , I have purchased a laptop with pre install windows 10 , but after feature update , the message is showing that windows is not activated, - before update in the activation menu message was your windows is activated with your digital...
  10. Newly purchased Windows 8.1

Newly purchased Windows 8.1: Hello, I plan to purchase Windows 8.1 BOX edition in coming days. Can I still upgrade it to Windows 10 for free? In other words, if purchase and activation of 8.1 happens after release date of 10, can I still get free upgrade? I'm asking for obvious reason - 8.1 is...