Windows 10: I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I...

Discus and support I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I undo this? I have a recording to make today.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LaTasha M, May 26, 2024.

1. LaTasha M Win User

I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I...

I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I undo this? I have a recording to make today.

:)

LaTasha M, May 26, 2024

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, May 26, 2024
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist
    you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?

• Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer
    the article on Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Disable device.

4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 26, 2024
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I...

Screen display is too bright and not as sharp as before

Hi,

We suggest you to follow the methods below to troubleshoot screen display issue d check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all on the left side panel.
    • Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• Type Windows Update in the search box on task bar, and hit Enter.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer.
    Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Vicky Acs, May 26, 2024
Thema:

1. I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I... - Similar Threads - accidentally hit display

2. I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I...: I accidentally hit do not display from this window on both computer screens. SMH. How do I undo this? I have a recording to make today. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-hit-do-not-display-from-this-window/e6512355-e960-45c6-bce1-d51934e015aa
  3. I accidentally hit pause updates and now i can't unpause. How do I restart udpates?

I accidentally hit pause updates and now i can't unpause. How do I restart udpates?: I have no resume updates button and I can't click on the pause to unpause? I've also checked under Advanced Options and have toggled everything but metered conections to on. And, I have restarted my computer. Suggestions????? I am on a SurfacePro...
  4. I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?: HelloThis is a long story but ill shorten it as possible not very important so you can skip this partI found my old ps3 controller and i wondered if i can use it on my computer. Turns out i can using a software called ScpToolKit.So i downloaded it and ran it. It was...
  5. I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?

I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?: HelloThis is a long story but ill shorten it as possible not very important so you can skip this partI found my old ps3 controller and i wondered if i can use it on my computer. Turns out i can using a software called ScpToolKit.So i downloaded it and ran it. It was...
  6. I accidentally deleted bluetooth from my computer. How do i reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Accidentally disabled display driver what do i do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally disabled display driver what do i do?: my laptop screen broke a couple months ago, i’m not sure what happened to it but it basically makes the screen black and unusable.so i connected my laptop to a monitor and i used the monitor’s screen.however, just now I’ve accidentally disabled the wrong display adaptor which...
  8. Accidentally disabled display driver what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally disabled display driver what do i do?: my laptop screen broke a couple months ago, i’m not sure what happened to it but it basically makes the screen black and unusable.so i connected my laptop to a monitor and i used the monitor’s screen.however, just now I’ve accidentally disabled the wrong display adaptor which...
  9. Accidentally disabled display driver what do i do?

10. Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now?: Accidentally removed administrator rights from both of my accounts. What do I do now? I had my main account set as administrator. I crated new account and made it also an administrator. Then i accidentally set them both as a normal user accounts. I cant run anything as...