Windows 10: I accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied

Discus and support I accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied, even though I didn't change the administrator permissions, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sweetmaidens666, Jun 5, 2021.

1. I accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied

I accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied, even though I didn't change the administrator permissions, it locked the drive and it is not accessible. Will it be accessible if I reinstall windows not keeping any data or is it locked forever and there is no way to ever access the data on that part of the drive? Those are my very important files that I locked and I need them back.

:)

sweetmaidens666, Jun 5, 2021

2. Secure The Disk Partition from Other User Account

Hello Vijay,

To address your concern, you need to remove the Admin rights of the other users for them not to access the partition that you want to lock. For you to lock a certain partition, follow the steps below:

• Right click on the partition that you want to lock.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click Security tab.
    • Select the User Account that you want to deny and click on Edit.
    • Under Permissions for Authenticated Users, check Deny.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 5, 2021
  3. PT Bridge Win User
    Deny access to specific users to folders on partitioned drive and external drive on Windows 10 computer

• Since when are you facing the issue?
    Added family user the other day (who by the way don't appear in users list when accessing properties for the

folder{s} attempting to deny access}. Can't deny permissions without cutting all out (including me.)

2. Do you receive any error message?

No error message per say, just can't deny access to the folder There will be two users on the computer - me (also

the administrator) and the new family member addition.

3. Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

Added the user who does not appear as a user when accessing properties for folders, but can access the folders.

Sometimes this Windows 10can be a bear. I also have trouble accessing the computer as administrator only.

Can you help. Saw similar question that has not been answered.

PT Bridge, Jun 5, 2021
  4. VH4
    vh4 Win User

I accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied

execute permission denied on usb external hard drive on windows 10

everytime i execute an exe file in file explorer or at command prompt in this external hard drive

it says permission denied, but when i execute with admin privilege it executes. i do not want

this. it is unsafe to execute exe file as admin. i changed owner and full control permissions

as suggested on the internet, still permission denied for regular user.

here is full details:

i got new wd 4tb external hard drive for windows 10.

i formatted it and create multiple partitions ( had to use

admin privilege in diskmgmt. )

everytime install software from internet, i am forced to login as admin. everytime execute an executable .exe file says permission denied, requires me to login as admin, which works, but i dont want to login as admin, but i want to use my current regular user
    account called z.

even when i cd into one of the partition n: i get access denied.

(note i can copy files from any of the partitions, admin privilege not required.)

i googled for solution, sent me to stackexchange sites, tried ALL

solutions. none of them worked.

i changed owner to regular user, aio\z, for partition n:

one by one changed permission for all users to full control with inheritance and

subfolders, etc, and still get access denied and permission denied.

the only permission allowed is read files. no admin required.

note i dont have problem with my internal hard drive just the external.

permissions for n: partition:

n: NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated UsersI accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEMI accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

BUILTIN\AdministratorsI accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

BUILTIN\UsersI accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

AIO\zI accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

EveryoneI accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied :(OI)(CI)(F)

Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

i just want to use my regular user, aio\z. i do not want to use admin privilege

to execute .exe files in n: or cd into n: partition.

i changed ownership of n: to aio\z and full control to everyone, aio\z, and

c:\users. why isnt it working?

Thema:

I accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied

1. I accidentally locked a partition on my drive by changing 'users' permission to denied - Similar Threads - accidentally locked partition

2. Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission...: I have Accidentally deleted c drive's "Authenticated User" and "SYSTEM" and set drive's permission to write only and now if I try to change permissions it prompt "access denied". Here I am attaching screenshots of drives' properties dialogue....
  3. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition: A day or go I got a pop up on my windows pc that asked me what I wanted to do with the storage on an external hard drive I was using. I clicked on an option that seemed to be the one where it would keep the hard drive as is but now it wont appear under devices and drives. It...
  4. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition: A day or go I got a pop up on my windows pc that asked me what I wanted to do with the storage on an external hard drive I was using. I clicked on an option that seemed to be the one where it would keep the hard drive as is but now it wont appear under devices and drives. It...
  5. External Hard drive Accidentally changed to Disk Partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. User Account Control Denying Permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Control Denying Permission: User Account Control in Windows 10 won't allow me to enter an admin user name or password. How do I correct that problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-denying-permission/0b1f11cf-80e1-492b-819a-31e3e7afb56d
  7. Access denied local drive after changing permission

Access denied local drive after changing permission: Hello I was trying to change access under security tab in properties to my local disk S: However I messed up the process and now I am unable to access the whole drive. I have run chkdsk in cmd after dismounting and it is showing no error. Please note after initiating the...
  8. Access Denied when changing permissions on C: drive

Access Denied when changing permissions on C: drive: Hey, just trying to allow my applications to write in certain files, so i changed some security settings, and then clicked apply and boof, it gives me this... how tf is it DENYING Me Access!?? Is windows stupid? or am i not really administrator... this is killing me, and my...
  9. I am locked out of my C drive, can not change user permissions...

I am locked out of my C drive, can not change user permissions...: I am locked out of my C drive, can not change user permissions - run system restore and more. How can I reset permissions to original settings. I have one good restore date config. visible, but system will not let me run system restore - I can still access my documents folder...
  10. Secondary Drives is locked, assessed denied. Unable to get permission.

in Windows 10 Support
    Secondary Drives is locked, assessed denied. Unable to get permission.: Hello, need help on getting permission to D:\ drive, access denied. I installed windows 10 on a new SSD which is currently my drive C:\. There was a windows 7 which was on drive D:\ but I never uninstall it. Drive D:\ was working normally until during boot today windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer drive C locked by permissions