Windows 10: I accidentally lost admin access

Discus and support I accidentally lost admin access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidentally demote myself to standard account on windows 10 . And created a new admin account but I can't sign in to my new admin account whenever I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LuckyYadav3, May 9, 2021.

1. I accidentally lost admin access

I accidentally demote myself to standard account on windows 10 . And created a new admin account but I can't sign in to my new admin account whenever I tried to log into it , it shows "you need to install an app for this task " and when i click on yes it bring me to the login screen and nothing happens can anyone fix it or can anyone tell how can i get admin access to my standard account without log on to admin account and also i can't enable hidden admin account it show access is denied pls tell me a way to get admin previlledge without bootable usb pls

:)

LuckyYadav3, May 9, 2021

2. Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi everyone, i lost administrator right then I can't access c drive so how to solve this problem, please give me step to step instructions for solve this problem

Modified title from: (SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account)

ROHIT singh RAWAT, May 9, 2021
  3. Lost admin access

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest that you perform the step mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Method 1: Change the account to admin.

• Click on the Start Menu,
      locate and click on “Settings” which is located on the left menu pane.

• Then click on “Accounts”, locate
      “Family and other Users” located on the left menu pane.

• On the navigation window, you will be able to view all the accounts that have been created in your computer. Click on the account that you choose to switch to administrator account.

• You will find the option to “Change Account Type”, click on it. Then you will find a drop down list where you can change the user account to admin. Make the changes to your liking and restart computer.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, May 9, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

I accidentally lost admin access

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 9, 2021
Thema:

I accidentally lost admin access

1. I accidentally lost admin access - Similar Threads - accidentally lost admin

2. Lost admin access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost admin access: Hello, recently I took delivery of a recon Dell pc loaded with w11. Initially all was okay and the admin account was available without a password so I created a few accounts and installed a couple of programmes, without a problem I then decided I needed to secure the admin...
  3. Lost admin access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost admin access: Hello, recently I took delivery of a recon Dell pc loaded with w11. Initially all was okay and the admin account was available without a password so I created a few accounts and installed a couple of programmes, without a problem I then decided I needed to secure the admin...
  4. Accidentally deleted the only admin & no access to the system admin PW that mysteriously...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Accidentally deleted the only admin & no access to the system admin PW that mysteriously...: Long story, short... I enabled the system admin and assigned it a PW and then I'm not really sure what happened, but I think I was messing around with the permissions for a basic user account and whatever I did deleted the only admin account profile and seemingly changed the...
  5. Lost access to Two-Factor Authentication as admin

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost access to Two-Factor Authentication as admin: I have a work and home account tied to my email address for Microsoft. My business is tied to my volume license account and I need to access it, so I can activate my Win10 Pro. Anyway to assist? I redone my phone recently and failed to turn off 2FA in this account before I...
  6. Lost Admin rights after accidentally downloading McAFee Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost Admin rights after accidentally downloading McAFee Antivirus: So after installing an app, I have spammed the next button and accidentally downloaded McAFee. I tried to uninstall it and disable the services, the problem was I could not remove the antivirus folder from my program files, so I had to browse online a command prompt command...
  7. Accidentally made account I can’t access admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally made account I can’t access admin: So I just got a new laptop for Christmas and I was playing around in the settings and accidentally made an account, one that I have no way of accessing, admin. And now I need permission to do almost everything and it requires a password that I don’t know. I’ve tried resetting...
  8. lost admin access to c:\ drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost admin access to c:\ drive: Hi, recently i somehow accidentally deleted every group/user except for me on my c:\ drive. Now i cant open anything relating to the c:\ drive as administrator or reset my pc from control panel. Also i cannot open uca at all....
  9. Lost access to my Admin Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost access to my Admin Account: Please I need your help because I’ve lost access to my Admin Account. I use two accounts with the same password but I haven’t entered my Admin Account for a long time. I’ saw that my clock didn’t adjust for DST and tried to enter my Admin Account but it proved to be locked...
  10. Lost Windows 10 Admin access

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost Windows 10 Admin access: Hello there. I have migrated my data to an SSD from HDD with Intel picture copy software. I had and HDD Gateway DX4860 before and now I am on HP Pavilion 550-126. The new computer comes with HDD, but I have switched to the SSD. Everything was working fine until I have start...