Windows 10: I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop

Discus and support I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Now every time I move something to my desktop it goes to my C drive and all the folders in the C drive are appearing on my desktop and I cant move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ACN26, Jun 15, 2020.

1. ACN26 Win User

I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop

Now every time I move something to my desktop it goes to my C drive and all the folders in the C drive are appearing on my desktop and I cant move them, is there a solution to this? Thanks

:)

ACN26, Jun 15, 2020

2. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop
    as well.

I would like to separate them under 2 individual folders and locations, please help!

Beckyyyyy69, Jun 15, 2020
  3. how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Jun 15, 2020
  4. I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop

User Folder name shows incorrectly in Explorer after an accidental merge with Desktop folder. How to correct?

While moving the location of my user profile folders (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc) to a second drive to save space on my SSD boot drive, I accidentally merged the Pictures and Desktop folders together. This was repaired by using the "Restore
    Default" option under the Location tab in Properties. However, I then accidentally merged the Desktop folder with my User Profile folder when moving it back to the SSD boot drive (I thought Desktop could stay on that drive afterall). The situation at present
    is the following:

My Desktop folder has been restored to the location

C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop

All is functioning as normal, and the folder has been re-identified as a system folder (a lot of forum searching to make that happen).

However, the issue that is still present is that my User Profile folder is incorrectly shown in File Exporer as

C:\Users\Desktop

even though in the registry and file structure (using cmd prompt etc) it is correctly listed as

C:\Users\USERNAME

for this folder and all sub-folders.

I have been unable to rectify this issue and would appreciate any help. The computer is fully functional as is, with the only glitch seeming to show in File Explorer. If any clarification is necessary, please ask. Thanks-

WindowsPictureTaker, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop

1. I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop - Similar Threads - accidentally merged drive

2. ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY VIDEOS, DRIVE D, AND DESKTOP FILES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY VIDEOS, DRIVE D, AND DESKTOP FILES: Hello! As I was trying to free up my Drive C, I accidentally merged these 3 categoriesVideosDrive DDesktopNow, what I see on my desktop screen are all the files from the 3 categories. Please help. Thank you! P.S. Attached is a screenshot of my regedit...
  3. Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive

Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive: As i was moving some folders from desktop folder, i had accidentally merged it with D:. I would like to reinstate the desktop folder to the original location i.e to C:\Users\User\Desktop and delink it from D:. please help!...
  4. I merged my D drive and my Desktop :

I merged my D drive and my Desktop :: I was downloading Steam VR and it kept trying to download in my C drive, so looked up how to fix it and some YouTube video told me to do some thing I can't remember but I did it wrong and instead of putting Steam VR in my D drive, it put my Desktop in my D drive and now they...
  5. I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.: [IMG][IMG]Now I have program files in both my C and D drives. I have sent you 2 images, please consider my request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive/1d19a627-e84a-4622-a72e-91ed005a5c7c
  6. I think I accidentally merged my drives.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I think I accidentally merged my drives.: I have a 1TB HDD drive and a 1TB SSD drive. Yesterday I formatted my PC and did a fresh Windows 10 install. After that was done, I went on to the Computer Management to set up my drives, I right clicked on my SSD, hit New Distributed Drive or however you call it and started...
  7. I merged Desktop and C: accidentally and can't unmerge

in Windows 10 Customization
    I merged Desktop and C: accidentally and can't unmerge: I was trying to move library folders and everything possible from C to D drive and somehow ended up moving desktop to C and merging them. They show as the same location and program files, users and other folders are on my desktop now. How do i fix this without uninstalling...
  8. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive: I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my C: but I somehow merged the two instead and cannot figure out how to undo it. I honestly know very little about computers, so...
  9. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE: As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop as well. I would like...
  10. I accidentally merged my Users folder with Desktop Folder

I accidentally merged my Users folder with Desktop Folder: Hello! I recently got a new computer and I was moving most of my Users files from my SSD to my HDD but I wanted my Desktop file to be on my SSD. So I proceeded to moving it back to the SSD Users file, but I forgot to create a subfolder for my desktop, so I ended up merging my...