Windows 10: I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

Discus and support I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Beckyyyyy69, Feb 11, 2020.

1. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop as well.

I would like to separate them under 2 individual folders and locations, please help!

:)

Beckyyyyy69, Feb 11, 2020
  2. bhefff Win User

Merged Desktop with D drive

So my desktop was filling up space on my C drive, which is a 180gb SSD, so i tried to change the location to my D drive which is a 2tb HDD, but it merged the two and i cant revert the desktop back because my Program files on D are filled with games so
    its too big for C and i cant move those program files anywhere else.

bhefff, Feb 11, 2020
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive.
    Is there a way to undo this?!?

I want to separate my Downloads folder from D drive but I also want it to be placed under the D drive itself BUT under its
    own folder. Can anyone help me with this please??

Kingsley1124, Feb 11, 2020
  4. mattyb_98 Win User

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

1. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE - Similar Threads - ACCIDENTALLY MERGED DESKTOP

2. D drive merged with Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive merged with Desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop. how to split those two? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/40bb6288-50f0-4609-a20c-71785e0f902e
  3. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  4. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive merged with desktop: My d drive and desktop folder have been merged whatever the files are on d drive are also in the desktop.how to split those two https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/d-drive-merged-with-desktop/d0572017-abfb-486a-8984-0f608c88d518
  5. D drive merged with desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY VIDEOS, DRIVE D, AND DESKTOP FILES

ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY VIDEOS, DRIVE D, AND DESKTOP FILES: Hello! As I was trying to free up my Drive C, I accidentally merged these 3 categoriesVideosDrive DDesktopNow, what I see on my desktop screen are all the files from the 3 categories. Please help. Thank you! P.S. Attached is a screenshot of my regedit...
  7. Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive

Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive: As i was moving some folders from desktop folder, i had accidentally merged it with D:. I would like to reinstate the desktop folder to the original location i.e to C:\Users\User\Desktop and delink it from D:. please help!...
  8. I merged my D drive and my Desktop :

I merged my D drive and my Desktop :: I was downloading Steam VR and it kept trying to download in my C drive, so looked up how to fix it and some YouTube video told me to do some thing I can't remember but I did it wrong and instead of putting Steam VR in my D drive, it put my Desktop in my D drive and now they...
  9. I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.: [IMG][IMG]Now I have program files in both my C and D drives. I have sent you 2 images, please consider my request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive/1d19a627-e84a-4622-a72e-91ed005a5c7c
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE: I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive. Is there a way to undo this?!? I want to separate my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally migrated desktop to d drive how to revert