Windows 10: I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder

Discus and support I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was just trying to make my downloads folder sync to onedrive automatically, so I searched ways on how to do it and I found one where you should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mai Magsombol, Aug 2, 2022.

1. I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder

I was just trying to make my downloads folder sync to onedrive automatically, so I searched ways on how to do it and I found one where you should change the location of the downloads folder to the onedrive folder and so I did that. But it ended up merging them, and I want to undo it but I dont know how to. I dont even think I have a downloads folder now since the folder with the downloads icon is now called "OneDrive". Someone pls help

:)

Mai Magsombol, Aug 2, 2022

2. Accidental merge of OneDrive and Music folders

I tried to move Windows Music folder into OneDrive (so that it will be backed up) and instead of choosing D:\onedrive\music I chose D:\onedrive so they somehow merged. Now the onedrive folder has a music (note) icon and contains what onedrive used to contain.
    How can I restore music folder ?

Albert8721, Aug 2, 2022
  3. Xbox game capture folder merged with Onedrive

I accidentally moved the Xbox game capture folder into my Onedrive folder, and they merged? So now all my captures are stored in the onedrive folder. The "Captures" folder is gone, and the onedrive folder has got no "location" tab or "restore defaults" button in it's preferences. So I can't seem to change the capture folder location again. Is there any way out of this?

I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder 9087eac6-6e40-4d13-ae17-bf1a82840dd3?upload=true.png

Daleicious, Aug 2, 2022
  4. I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer.

I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder named Downloads instead of pengu that has
    all of my user folders in it. Its address is still C:\Users\pengu, but its name shows up as Downloads. I'm pretty sure I merged my Downloads folder and user folder. During my attempts to fix this, I ended up with a Downloads folder inside of this folder that
    works normally. The new Downloads folder says it's located in C:\Users\pengu\ if I go to the Location tab in Properties. If I try to search my PC for the actual pengu folder, there is a folder named pengu located in a different Users folder on another drive
    as D:\Users\pengu. However, it has no folders inside of it.

I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder d83c2e72-d906-4cee-8359-e706e64d3e14?upload=true.png

Here is a picture of my Users folder.

I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder fce79ec2-7437-4e28-bc05-8e31fd9c9dd2?upload=true.png

And here is inside the folder named Downloads that was in the Users folder. Clicking on the Downloads folder on the left side brings me to the folder named Downloads inside of this folder.

Trying to restore the original location of both C:\Users\pengu\ and D:\Users\pengu\ does nothing. My computer is working fine, but I'm worried that this could have future consequences. I don't have any backups or system restore points available from before
    this happened.

Is there a way to remedy this without reinstalling? If not, how do I reinstall in such a way that I can easily get back all of my various files and apps while still fixing this problem? Or does it even need to be fixed?

Ariana Brisco-Schofield, Aug 2, 2022
Thema:

I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder

1. I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder - Similar Threads - accidentally merged downloads

2. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive: Hey, I need te help of the community!Today, I accidentally moved my "Downloads" folder directly into the "OneDrive" directory without first creating a separate "Downloads" folder within "OneDrive."Now, my "OneDrive" and "Downloads" contents are combined into a single shared...
  3. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive: Hey, I need te help of the community!Today, I accidentally moved my "Downloads" folder directly into the "OneDrive" directory without first creating a separate "Downloads" folder within "OneDrive."Now, my "OneDrive" and "Downloads" contents are combined into a single shared...
  4. Accidentally Merged Downloads Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged my downloads folder and Onedrive folder: I was just trying to make my downloads folder sync to onedrive automatically, so I searched ways on how to do it and I found one where you should change the location of the downloads folder to the onedrive folder and so I did that. But it ended up merging them, and I want to...
  6. Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder

Accidentally merged my Documents folder and Downloads folder: I was trying to move my documents and downloads folder's location into my D drive but I accidentally merged the two folders, how do I undo this? Now whenever I download something, it goes into the documents folder. And when I open the downloads folder, it goes into the...
  7. Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder

Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder: The Downloads folder is showing my D drive and all the data - as is the Documents folder I was trying to transfer all my data from c drive to d drive I need to demerge the two and reset the folders I have seem a previous post where Greg Carmack gave a thread to a Tenforum...
  8. Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally merged Downloads folder with Documents Folder: The Downloads folder is showing my D drive and all the data - as is the Documents folder I was trying to transfer all my data from c drive to d drive I need to demerge the two and reset the folders I have seem a previous post where Greg Carmack gave a thread to a Tenforum...
  9. Accidental merge of OneDrive and Music folders

Accidental merge of OneDrive and Music folders: I tried to move Windows Music folder into OneDrive (so that it will be backed up) and instead of choosing D:\onedrive\music I chose D:\onedrive so they somehow merged. Now the onedrive folder has a music (note) icon and contains what onedrive used to contain. How can I...
  10. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder...