Windows 10: I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

Discus and support I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I go to open my hard drive it recognizes it as the downloads folder. I was just trying to change the location of where my downloads went but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AdamRowland1, Sep 24, 2020.

1. I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

Whenever I go to open my hard drive it recognizes it as the downloads folder. I was just trying to change the location of where my downloads went but they merged into one big folder and I can't figure out how to fix this issue

:)

AdamRowland1, Sep 24, 2020

2. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive.
    Is there a way to undo this?!?

I want to separate my Downloads folder from D drive but I also want it to be placed under the D drive itself BUT under its
    own folder. Can anyone help me with this please??

Kingsley1124, Sep 24, 2020
  3. mattyb_98 Win User
    Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Sep 24, 2020
  4. dgthe3 Win User

I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive

Thank you Greg, it worked.

Now I have all my folders back & they're all within my D: drive instead of merged with it.

For futurelings that have similar problems: I had to use the 2nd method described in the link as there was no existing folder to move (just my entire D: drive). But downloading the .BAT file worked just fine and was dead simple. And should work for any of
    the default personal folders (Desktop, Links, Searches, whatever).

dgthe3, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

1. I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive - Similar Threads - accidentally merged downloads

2. I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop: Now every time I move something to my desktop it goes to my C drive and all the folders in the C drive are appearing on my desktop and I cant move them, is there a solution to this? Thanks...
  3. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive: I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my C: but I somehow merged the two instead and cannot figure out how to undo it. I honestly know very little about computers, so...
  4. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY 3D OBJECTS FOLDER TO H DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY 3D OBJECTS FOLDER TO H DRIVE: I accidentally merged my 3D Objects folder to H Drive when I was transferring my 3d objects folder location in the properties and now the PC is recognizing the folder as only my H Drive. Whenever I click on the 3d objects folder its exactly the same as if i clicked on my H...
  5. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE: As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop as well. I would like...
  6. Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder

Accidentally merged download folder with Hard drive folder: [ATTACH]as you can see from the photo i've somehow merged my hard drive (D) with my downloads folder and im not sure how i can revert it back to the download folder, i have tried to restore to previous version but was unable to do so....
  7. Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder

Accidentally Merged User Folder and Downloads Folder: Hello. I'm reposting this because last time I posted this, I got a reply, but no complete answer. I made a mistake while trying to move folders around and accidentally moved the Downloads folder to C:\Users\pengu\ (pengu is the name of my user folder). Now I have a folder...
  8. Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive

Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive: Hi, I recently got a new laptop that has a small SSD & a large HDD. To preserve space, I was transferring my default folders (Documents, Music, Video, Downloads, etc) from the C: (SSD) to D: (HDD). Most went fine, but on the last one I managed to tell Windows to merge my 3D...
  9. I accidentally merged my Users folder with Desktop Folder

I accidentally merged my Users folder with Desktop Folder: Hello! I recently got a new computer and I was moving most of my Users files from my SSD to my HDD but I wanted my Desktop file to be on my SSD. So I proceeded to moving it back to the SSD Users file, but I forgot to create a subfolder for my desktop, so I ended up merging my...
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE: I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive. Is there a way to undo this?!? I want to separate my...