Windows 10: I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

Discus and support I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesWalker99, Apr 29, 2020.

1. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my C: but I somehow merged the two instead and cannot figure out how to undo it. I honestly know very little about computers, so any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

:)

JamesWalker99, Apr 29, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Turned Hard Drive into Music folder

• Create a folder on the D drive and name it 'Music'
    • Move all the files and folders that should be in the Music folder into this new folder
    • Then in Quick Access, right click the Windows Music Library, select Properties
    • Then on the location Tab, set its location to the new 'Music' folder
    • When asked if you want to merge contents - Select 'No'
    • Click 'Apply' and 'OK'

If you want you can leave the music folder on the D Drive, or you can then click 'Restore Default' to move it back onto the C Drive

If needs be for the Documents folder, you can perform the same operation by creating a new Documents folder on the D Drive

NOTE: the important step is (5) do not merge the contents . . .

DaveM121, Apr 29, 2020
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive.
    Is there a way to undo this?!?

I want to separate my Downloads folder from D drive but I also want it to be placed under the D drive itself BUT under its
    own folder. Can anyone help me with this please??

Kingsley1124, Apr 29, 2020
  4. mattyb_98 Win User

I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

1. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive - Similar Threads - accidentally merged music

2. I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.: Hi,I have used this guide to fix the accidental merging of Desktop and D drive which I also did https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-desktop-to-d-drive/062dc89d-727d-47c6-9657-b1d6eea48f29I realised that :\D has the Document folder...
  3. I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.: Hi,I have used this guide to fix the accidental merging of Desktop and D drive which I also did https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-desktop-to-d-drive/062dc89d-727d-47c6-9657-b1d6eea48f29I realised that :\D has the Document folder...
  4. I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive

Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive: As i was moving some folders from desktop folder, i had accidentally merged it with D:. I would like to reinstate the desktop folder to the original location i.e to C:\Users\User\Desktop and delink it from D:. please help!...
  6. I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have accidentally merged my C drive and D drive.: [IMG][IMG]Now I have program files in both my C and D drives. I have sent you 2 images, please consider my request. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-accidentally-merged-my-c-drive-and-d-drive/1d19a627-e84a-4622-a72e-91ed005a5c7c
  7. I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive: Whenever I go to open my hard drive it recognizes it as the downloads folder. I was just trying to change the location of where my downloads went but they merged into one big folder and I can't figure out how to fix this issue...
  8. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE: As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop as well. I would like...
  9. Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive

Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive: Hi, I recently got a new laptop that has a small SSD & a large HDD. To preserve space, I was transferring my default folders (Documents, Music, Video, Downloads, etc) from the C: (SSD) to D: (HDD). Most went fine, but on the last one I managed to tell Windows to merge my 3D...
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE: I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive. Is there a way to undo this?!? I want to separate my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i merged drives know i lost my songs fix