Windows 10: I accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the...

Discus and support I accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! So I was planning to move my documents to my data D to free up some space from the C drive. Apparently when I browsed and watch videos on YouTube... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by reineCA, Feb 19, 2021.

1. reineCA Win User

I accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the...

Hi! So I was planning to move my documents to my data D to free up some space from the C drive. Apparently when I browsed and watch videos on YouTube to follow some tutorials, I decided to move my pictures too using the properties option. I did that after I changed the storage options in the Settings itself. However, when I finally changed it using the properties option, I forgot to put a folder as its new location. I didn't even think twice before clicking the Yes button not until the pictures folder turned into my Drive D duplicate. Is there a way on how I should fix this? And what if I let it be, will it break my PC or cause major errors?

I really wanna free up some space but I guess I did a huge mistake : I'm really scared if this breaks my new PC...

:)

reineCA, Feb 19, 2021

2. Pictures Folder Accidentally Remapped to D:\

[UPDATE]

I remapped the Pictures folder to C:\Users\[username]\Pictures even though the Pictures folder didn't exist, chose not to have my files automatically moved, then remapped it a second time to my intended destination at D:\Pictures. The folder name was then reverted
    back to Pictures and any relation to the D drive was removed!

Hello all,

I recently re-installed Windows and was in the process of mapping the media libraries listed under This PC from C drive to my D drive when under Pictures, I accidentally selected D:/ in the Select a Destination GUI. I had selected my existing Pictures folder
    yet it selected the entire D drive. It now behaves like the actual D drive when I right-click on the Pictures folder under This PC and select Properties, except the Location tab is still there. When I attempt to remap the folder to D:\Pictures, a dialog box
    appears, telling me that the specified path is invalid. When I try to remap the folder to C:\Users\[username]\Pictures in an attempt to troubleshoot, there is no Pictures folder there yet when I create a New Folder and rename it to Pictures, I'm told that
    a Pictures folder exists. Any help would be appreciated.

thebutler93, Feb 20, 2021
  3. 2pacaveli Win User
    Accidentally merged user pictures folder with (GI accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the... :) drive.

Thank you for your reply. The problem is when I relocated the user Pictures folder to G drive I never created a folder for it inside G drive, so it's now the entire G drive and the pictures folder and videos folder got merged with the drive itself. Check the last screenshot from my IMGUR link and compare that to step 3 from the option one tutorial you linked. When I try to click revert to default location I'm afraid it will move my entire G drive and its contents to the C:/User/example/Pictures.

- - - Updated - - -

I've moved shared Pictures folder to another drive but didn't name it Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    I found someone with the same problem as mine and you told them to do the same thing and it worked for them. I should trust your expertise and try it then.

2pacaveli, Feb 20, 2021
  4. RBS95 Win User

I accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the...

I've accidentally replaced my User folder with my Pictures folder

3. In the Reece folder, create a new folder named Pictures. You will now see two Pictures folders, the original one with a pictures icon, the new one as a plain folder.

When I try to follow this step I get asked if I want to merge the folder

I accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the... [​IMG]

Do I select Yes?

RBS95, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. I accidentally merged my Pictures folder with my Data D: drive and now my pictures has the... - Similar Threads - accidentally merged Pictures

2. Accidentally moved my Pictures to my D: drive from C drive and now pictures are merged with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally moved my Pictures to my D: drive from C drive and now pictures are merged with...: I was trying to move my pictures from my C drive to my D drive but I totally forgot to make a Pictures folder inside of my D drive before hand, so my pictures are merged with my D Drive. I also tried fixing this in Registry Editor and it renamed my Pictures to "D:\", would...
  3. Accidentally moved my Pictures to my D: drive from C drive and now pictures are merged with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally moved my Pictures to my D: drive from C drive and now pictures are merged with...: I was trying to move my pictures from my C drive to my D drive but I totally forgot to make a Pictures folder inside of my D drive before hand, so my pictures are merged with my D Drive. I also tried fixing this in Registry Editor and it renamed my Pictures to "D:\", would...
  4. Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive: My entire D drive is now also my Pictures and I can't separate them. Help is greatly appreciated in making my D drive and Pictures separate once again....
  5. Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive: My entire D drive is now also my Pictures and I can't separate them. Help is greatly appreciated in making my D drive and Pictures separate once again....
  6. Accidentally made my Pictures into the entire D Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive

I accidentally merged my downloads folder onto my D drive: Whenever I go to open my hard drive it recognizes it as the downloads folder. I was just trying to change the location of where my downloads went but they merged into one big folder and I can't figure out how to fix this issue...
  8. I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive

I accidentally merged my music folder with my D: drive: I found where some users have had similar issues, but none were identical to mine. I was trying to move my music folder to my D: drive rather than my C: but I somehow merged the two instead and cannot figure out how to undo it. I honestly know very little about computers, so...
  9. Accidentally merged user pictures folder with (G:) drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally merged user pictures folder with (G:) drive.: I originally wanted to move the location of the Pictures folder and the Videos folder that comes default with my OS drive (C:) to my larger (G:) drive so I would have more space on the C drive. The problem was I didn't create a new folder in my G drive when it asked for the...
  10. Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive

Accidentally merged '3D Objects' folder with my D: drive: Hi, I recently got a new laptop that has a small SSD & a large HDD. To preserve space, I was transferring my default folders (Documents, Music, Video, Downloads, etc) from the C: (SSD) to D: (HDD). Most went fine, but on the last one I managed to tell Windows to merge my 3D...