Windows 10: I accidentally messed up my Windows recovery partition and broke Windows as a whole so I...

Discus and support I accidentally messed up my Windows recovery partition and broke Windows as a whole so I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sodabones [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2ufhe/i_accidentally_messed_up_my_windows_recovery/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sodabones, Nov 28, 2020.

1. I accidentally messed up my Windows recovery partition and broke Windows as a whole so I...

/u/Sodabones, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 clean install mess up partitions?

If I do a clean install of Windows 10, will it mess up the partitions I have on my 2TB drive?

MxPhenom 216, Nov 28, 2020
  4. more123 Win User

I accidentally messed up my Windows recovery partition and broke Windows as a whole so I...

How to use the stock recovery partition to create a Windows image in BIOS.

Hi guys.
    I have a laptop computer with only a recovery partition (Operating System -Win7HP- has been wiped out). My question is instead of installing a fresh copy of Windows, I was wondering if there is a way to compress or copy the factory recovery partition into an .iso image file and use a Windows recovery tool to re-image the HD with the result image. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Best regards,

more123, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally messed up my Windows recovery partition and broke Windows as a whole so I...

1. I accidentally messed up my Windows recovery partition and broke Windows as a whole so I... - Similar Threads - accidentally messed recovery

2. I accidentally created a .bat file and it messed up my computer so my mom unplugged it and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally created a .bat file and it messed up my computer so my mom unplugged it and...: I was trying to write a script using a .bat file, but I made a mistake and it caused some problems on my computer. My mom saw that and panicked, so she unplugged my computer from the power source. I realized what I did wrong and I deleted the file from my system. I hope...
  3. I accidentally created a .bat file and it messed up my computer so my mom unplugged it and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally created a .bat file and it messed up my computer so my mom unplugged it and...: I was trying to write a script using a .bat file, but I made a mistake and it caused some problems on my computer. My mom saw that and panicked, so she unplugged my computer from the power source. I realized what I did wrong and I deleted the file from my system. I hope...
  4. I messed up my partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my partitions: So i wanted to move about 50gb or close to that from my C drive to my D drive, so i did that using EaseUS program, and it moved that storage as unallocated, then i saw it created a Z drive that i didn't have before.Now i don't know what to do i tried moving that unallocated...
  5. I messed up my partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I messed up my partitions: So i wanted to move about 50gb or close to that from my C drive to my D drive, so i did that using EaseUS program, and it moved that storage as unallocated, then i saw it created a Z drive that i didn't have before.Now i don't know what to do i tried moving that unallocated...
  6. I accidentally messed up my screen on my windows 10 and everything is so big that i cant...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally messed up my screen on my windows 10 and everything is so big that i cant...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CriticalSigno [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ih3zom/i_accidentally_messed_up_my_screen_on_my_windows/
  7. So, I messed up my \Windows\Boot\Resources\bootres.dll ...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So, I messed up my \Windows\Boot\Resources\bootres.dll ...: I was trying to replace it with my own new bootres.dll but instead of replacing I deleted then tried to replace. Now it says I don't have permission to modify Resources. I had owned the bootres.dll before, which is why I could delete it. I've tried owning Resources, going...
  8. I think I messed up? Unallocated space after FOUR recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I messed up? Unallocated space after FOUR recovery partitions.: I just recently bought a new SSD and cloned my previous drive to the solid-state one. I am looking to have a separate boot of windows within said drive and shrinking the partition wasn't the problem. I had forgotten to convert to a FAT32 format prior to shrinking drive C:....
  9. I accidentally messed up Windows Defender (help!)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally messed up Windows Defender (help!): Hello. I was trying for a method on Youtube to turn off Windows Defender since exclusions was not working, and it kept deleting all my files I need. I did a method where I must of renamed something, I cleared my history so I do not know what the video was. Here is a...
  10. Messed up recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Messed up recovery partition: Hello, I was trying to create a recovery drive for my windows but it kept giving me an error. I checked reagent/info in cmd and it turns out the windows recovery environment was disabled. I tried using the code Code: REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage /path...