Windows 10: I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive

Discus and support I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to restore it to C:\Users\Download. I tried to restoring it to default but it only made a folder in This PC but my downloads is still going into D:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kbsenorin, Apr 21, 2022.

1. kbsenorin Win User

I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive

How to restore it to C:\Users\Download. I tried to restoring it to default but it only made a folder in This PC but my downloads is still going into D: driveThis is it right nowbut my downloads is still going into D:

:)

kbsenorin, Apr 21, 2022

2. i accidentally moved my download location to D:/

Please help me, i accidentally moved my downloads folder to D:/ and now my system is showing that my D drive is almost full, but when i open it, there is only 1 file (i don't have any file in the downloads before) , i moves back the downloads to C, but
    the D drive is still showing that it is almost full

NathanaelBudhi, Apr 21, 2022
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive.
    Is there a way to undo this?!?

I want to separate my Downloads folder from D drive but I also want it to be placed under the D drive itself BUT under its
    own folder. Can anyone help me with this please??

Kingsley1124, Apr 21, 2022
  4. mattyb_98 Win User

I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive

Accidentally Merged my Downloads Folder with my D: Drive

I was running out of space on my C: Drive (SSD) so I decided to change the location of my Downloads folder to my D: Drive which I generally use for my games.

Anyways, I did the properties>location>move and then selected D: Drive. I went ahead and it has now merged the two together. I tried the restore default but get an error saying Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under "D:\System Volume
    Information". Access is denied.

Is there anyway to separate the two, or is it beyond repair now? I can restore windows to it's state it was in yesterday but will that un merge/separate my Downloads and D: Drive?

Thanks.

mattyb_98, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

1. I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive - Similar Threads - accidentally moved download

2. Downloads are going to root of D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads are going to root of D drive: We were trying to move the location of my downloads folder from its original place in C drive, but accidentally failed to create a download folder for the D drive before changing the location, causing it to be connected to the root of the D drive.We've restored the original...
  3. Downloads are going to root of D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloads are going to root of D drive: We were trying to move the location of my downloads folder from its original place in C drive, but accidentally failed to create a download folder for the D drive before changing the location, causing it to be connected to the root of the D drive.We've restored the original...
  4. I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive: How to restore it to C:\Users\Download. I tried to restoring it to default but it only made a folder in This PC but my downloads is still going into D: driveThis is it right nowbut my downloads is still going into D:...
  5. I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive

I accidentally moved my download to D: and now all my downloads are going to D: drive: How to restore it to C:\Users\Download. I tried to restoring it to default but it only made a folder in This PC but my downloads is still going into D: driveThis is it right nowbut my downloads is still going into D:...
  6. I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...: Hello there.I mistakenly moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads, and made a mess. After a registry fix, the downloads folder now has gone back to C:\Users\User\Downloads, but D:\ is still recognized as a download folder. Here's a screenshot of my computer, and you can...
  7. I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...: Hello there.I mistakenly moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads, and made a mess. After a registry fix, the downloads folder now has gone back to C:\Users\User\Downloads, but D:\ is still recognized as a download folder. Here's a screenshot of my computer, and you can...
  8. I accidentally moved my downloads to D:\, not D:\Downloads. After the registry fix, the...

9. i accidentally moved my download location to D:/

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i accidentally moved my download location to D:/: Please help me, i accidentally moved my downloads folder to D:/ and now my system is showing that my D drive is almost full, but when i open it, there is only 1 file i don't have any file in the downloads before , i moves back the downloads to C, but the D drive is still...
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DOWNLOADS LIBRARY TO D DRIVE: I accidentally merged my downloads library to D Drive as I was transferring my Downloads folder location and in properties it looks like the PC is recognizing the object as both the Downloads folder and a Hard Drive. Is there a way to undo this?!? I want to separate my...