Windows 10: I accidentally pressed delete on %Windir%/system32/drivers/etc

Discus and support I accidentally pressed delete on %Windir%/system32/drivers/etc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Today I found malware in %Windir%/system32/drivers/etc/Host so I decided to delete that folder and now what should I do? P.S. I don't have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Theerawat Patthawee, Nov 19, 2018.

1. I accidentally pressed delete on %Windir%/system32/drivers/etc

Hello, Today I found malware in %Windir%/system32/drivers/etc/Host so I decided to delete that folder and now what should I do?

P.S. I don't have an backup in my computer

Thank you!

:)

Theerawat Patthawee, Nov 19, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

???Windows XP Update???

Try at YOUR own risk. And you MIGHT want to ty the other thing after(Windows Updates failed to instal).

What happens when you try update though IE ?..

Step 1: Remove the temporary folders of Windows Update.

1. Restart the computer.

2. Keep pressing the F8 key until the Windows Startup menu appears.

3. Choose Safe Mode, and press Enter.

4. After we log on, please click Start, click Run, type in "cmd" (without quotations) and press Enter. Please run the following commands in the opened window to remove the folder.

- Type in "RD /s %windir%\softwaredistribution" (without quotations) and press Enter. Please press Y when you are prompted to remove the folder.

- Type in "RD /s %Windir%\System32\Catroot2" (without quotations) and press Enter. Please press Y when you are prompted to remove the folder.

WARNING: Please do not remove the folder "Catroot" which is a system folder.

5. Please also browse to C drive and delete the folder WUTEMP. If you cannot see the folder, please click start, run, type in "cmd" and press Enter. After the DOS command window pop-ups, please type in "RD /s C:\wutemp" and press Enter to delete the folder.

Step 2: Reset the permission of the local hard drives.

========================================

1. Click Start, click Run, type "%windir%\help" (without quotation marks) and press Enter to open the Help folder.

2. Click Start, Run, type "%windir%\system32" (without quotation marks) and press Enter to open the System32 folder.

3. Open the attachment secedit.zip, copy and paste the file secedit.exe into the folder System32; copy and paste the file secedit.htm into the folder Help.

4. Click Start, click Run, type the following command and then press ENTER.

secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

Important: The command is complicated, therefore I suggest you copy and paste the above command into the Run box.

After running the command, you will receive a "Task is completed" message, and a warning message that something could not be done. You can safely ignore this message.

For detailed information about this command, we may refer to this article:

How To Reset Security Settings Back to the Defaults

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313222

AsRock, Nov 19, 2018
  3. PolPilot1 Win User
    C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\cmd.exe /k %windir%\\system32\\ipconfig.exe Windows 10 что это?

C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\cmd.exe /k %windir%\\system32\\ipconfig.exe Windows 10 что это?

PolPilot1, Nov 19, 2018
  4. I accidentally pressed delete on %Windir%/system32/drivers/etc

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

I accidentally pressed delete on %Windir%/system32/drivers/etc

1. I accidentally pressed delete on %Windir%/system32/drivers/etc - Similar Threads - accidentally pressed delete

2. Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe: Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-windir-system32/61ccd9ce-bc01-4195-bf5f-1ea2215b3a6f
  3. Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe: Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-find-windir-system32/61ccd9ce-bc01-4195-bf5f-1ea2215b3a6f
  4. Windows cannot find windir system32 systempropertiesadvanced.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accidentally Delete Windir in System Variable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally Delete Windir in System Variable: Hi,I accidentally delete WINDIR when I change the setting in System Variable.Now, I can't open any applications. For example, I can't run the administration for Command Prompt, or open Registry Editor. Could you help me to reset WINDIR in System Variables?Thanks....
  6. Accidentally Delete Windir in System Variable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Delete Windir in System Variable: Hi,I accidentally delete WINDIR when I change the setting in System Variable.Now, I can't open any applications. For example, I can't run the administration for Command Prompt, or open Registry Editor. Could you help me to reset WINDIR in System Variables?Thanks....
  7. Help about the Windows cannot find windir system32

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help about the Windows cannot find windir system32: Hello everyone, I'm a student of a college and I really need the help.I try to install the library for Python and I think I have changed the system. Such as the picture, I create a new file with a mane windir with path about the python39 and I think the error begin here.After...
  8. Accidentally Deleted Bluetooth Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidentally Deleted Bluetooth Drivers: I have accidentally deleted bluetooth drivers from my computer. I have tried to follow instructions online and I am not successful in doing this. My computer details are HP ALL IN ONE PC SERIAL NO 4CH54239G1 PRODUCT NO G7S60EA#ABU Can you help please...
  9. Accidentally removed/deleted drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Accidentally removed/deleted drivers: Well I can't believe the anguish this has put me through. I foolishly uninstalled my gpu drivers and also clicked the box to delete all files etc. As if that wasnt bad enough I carelessly followed advice I shouldn't have and removed my GPU after retrieving it from 'hidden...
  10. Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\optionalfeatures.exe'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows cannot find '%windir%\system32\optionalfeatures.exe': Hi, Since having someone update my laptop to Windows 10 from the pre installed Windows Vista Home Premium Home some time ago, I have lost full access to certain systems. For example, when trying to open the control panel I get an error msg that shows Windows cannot find...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. /k %windir%\system32\ipconfig.exe