Windows 10: I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data?

Discus and support I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My previous post got removed because no flair but it won’t let me add it for some reason. My laptop has two drives. They are both SSD’s, one is my C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SNRNXS, Dec 20, 2019.

1. /u/SNRNXS Win User

I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data?

My previous post got removed because no flair but it won’t let me add it for some reason.

My laptop has two drives. They are both SSD’s, one is my C Drive which has all my main programs and whatnot while on my H Drive I had all my images, documents, games, etc. I tried a system restore but it only seem to have worked on my C Drive.

Is there anyway I can recover at least my images and documents? I can re-download games but I had very important images and documents. I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data? :(

submitted by /u/SNRNXS
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SNRNXS, Dec 20, 2019

2. Recover or Reformat?

The reformat won't budge?

I did what you said and then was told to remove the CD from the CD-Rom Drive, put in the recovery CD and then press the 'OK' button to continue

So I changed to the next disk but the OK doesn't appear to be being 'pressed'. Yes I have pushed enter on the keyboard which is what I have been using to get me through the other steps..

Any suggestions?

Kymberly_S, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Recover or Reformat?

Norton Ghost?

I am sorry.. I have no idea what that is.. I am pretty green I'm afraid.

I wasn't trying to recover any files.. I wanted to format a new drive in an old computer.. The old drive died.

I did what Namslas90 said but then when I got to the next step .. and hit enter.. nothing happened.. sigh...

Anyway.. I am waiting on the next step.. Thank you for your input ...

Kymberly_S, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Macazine Win User

Recover files from Flash drive

According to me, the best flash drive recovery software which i have used and recovered files easily. It is very easy to use and within few steps you can recover data from flash drive. http://billhoyer.com/recover-corrupt-flash-drive-mac

Macazine, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

1. I accidentally reformatted the wrong drive, can I recover my data? - Similar Threads - accidentally reformatted wrong

2. Merge drive and lost data, how can I recover ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merge drive and lost data, how can I recover ?: I merged my D disk using disk manage , remote volume and extend volume . Can I recover data from D disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merge-drive-and-lost-data-how-can-i-recover/37818db3-5881-45eb-8670-f10b136832f1
  3. Merge drive and lost data, how can I recover ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merge drive and lost data, how can I recover ?: I merged my D disk using disk manage , remote volume and extend volume . Can I recover data from D disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merge-drive-and-lost-data-how-can-i-recover/37818db3-5881-45eb-8670-f10b136832f1
  4. Merge drive and lost data, how can I recover ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally I installed Windows on the wrong drive: I have two SSD drives. I did Windows 10 reinstallation but accidentally installed Windows 10 pro on the wrong drive 120 GB but the other drive is 250GB. Please suggest how I can reinstall Windows?...
  6. Is there a way I can recover my synced data?

Is there a way I can recover my synced data?: I just got my computer back from GeekSquad. They repaired it after it blue screened and wouldn't turn on. They said Windows had been corrupted somehow. They had to reset my computer and they were only able to copy my user data, like videos, photos, documents, etc. But now all...
  7. can i recover my lost data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i recover my lost data: My external HDD is not working can i get the free software to recover this data
  8. how to recover data after reformatting

how to recover data after reformatting: good day I just wanted to ask how will I find my data. I reset my laptop (Windows 10), then I clicked don't delete my files, so the apps would be deleted. and now, how can I recover my apps like Microsoft Office Suite? I'm waiting for your reply. thank you...
  9. how can I reformat my operating system drive

how can I reformat my operating system drive: How can I reformat my operating system drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/how-can-i-reformat-my-operating-system-drive/c143a95e-b4d6-492b-a085-ba82f5ef972b
  10. I seem to have deleted an external drive, can data be recovered?

in Windows 10 Support
    I seem to have deleted an external drive, can data be recovered?: I just brought home a new computer with Windows 10 and have been transferring files from my old Windows 7 computer. In addition, I have an external drive that I've used to keep some tax records and many personal photos etc. I plugged it into my new computer and was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media creation tool accidentally formatted the wrong drive undo