Windows 10: I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...

Discus and support I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The code is a few years old as i haven’t thought to look into whether i can find the second half of the key.Also, my computer is currently giving me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chris Wade_26, Jul 3, 2023.

1. I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...

The code is a few years old as i haven’t thought to look into whether i can find the second half of the key.Also, my computer is currently giving me Error code: 0x800705B4 in the activation page in settings. The error code is alongside a message that says “we can’t activate windows on this device right now”

:)

Chris Wade_26, Jul 3, 2023

2. Windows 10 sticker with serial key damaged when scratched to enter into the machine

Windows 10 sticker with serial key damaged when scratched to enter into the machine,

now not able to read last 4 to 8 alphanumeric key.

if any one help, will be appreciated

ChandrakanthGaikwad, Jul 3, 2023
  3. omerwahla Win User
    Windows 10 sticker with serial key damaged when scratched to reveal it.

I just bought a new computer with a win 10 64bit USB from a local computer store.

When installed windows 10 asked for serial I pressed activate later.

A few days later wanted to activate my windows 10 and started scratching the back of the sticker because it had a tiny grey patch over it. While scratching to reveal the serial number I damaged the sticker and can't
    tell what are the first 4 numbers for the key, the other number are shown.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Security & privacy / PC

omerwahla, Jul 3, 2023
  4. I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...

Windows 10 sticker with serial key damaged when scratched to reveal it.

Hello,

I just bought a new computer with a win 10 64bit USB from a local computer store.

When installed windows 10 asked for serial I pressed activate later.

A few days later wanted to activate my windows 10 and started scratching the back of the sticker because it had a tiny grey patch over it. While scratching to reveal the serial number I damaged the sticker and can't tell what are the first 4 numbers for
    the key, the other number are shown.

xxxxo-ooooo-ooooo-ooooo-ooooo (x - not readable ; 0 - readable)

Could someone tell me what can I do in order to recover my serial ?

If there is a file on the USB with the original key or something like that?!

Papp Daniel, Jul 3, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...

1. I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on... - Similar Threads - accidentally scratched last

2. The last 5 digits of my product key were scratched off, how can i recover my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The last 5 digits of my product key were scratched off, how can i recover my product key: I have the other 20 digits and a bar code for the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-5-digits-of-my-product-key-were-scratched/f2cc003b-e5f7-4591-a2a6-95c00d26f4e5
  3. The last 5 digits of my product key were scratched off, how can i recover my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The last 5 digits of my product key were scratched off, how can i recover my product key: I have the other 20 digits and a bar code for the product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-5-digits-of-my-product-key-were-scratched/f2cc003b-e5f7-4591-a2a6-95c00d26f4e5
  4. The last 5 digits of my product key were scratched off, how can i recover my product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...: The code is a few years old as i haven’t thought to look into whether i can find the second half of the key.Also, my computer is currently giving me Error code: 0x800705B4 in the activation page in settings. The error code is alongside a message that says “we can’t activate...
  6. I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...

I accidentally scratched the last 8 letters of my windows activation key off the sticker on...: The code is a few years old as i haven’t thought to look into whether i can find the second half of the key.Also, my computer is currently giving me Error code: 0x800705B4 in the activation page in settings. The error code is alongside a message that says “we can’t activate...
  7. Prodcut key sticker worn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prodcut key sticker worn off: i have a windows 8.1 pro, and i had bought it with windows built in. it has been 7 years since i bought it and now the product key sticker is worn off and i have to activate it till tomorrow. what do i do?...
  8. Prodcut key sticker worn off

Prodcut key sticker worn off: i have a windows 8.1 pro, and i had bought it with windows built in. it has been 7 years since i bought it and now the product key sticker is worn off and i have to activate it till tomorrow. what do i do?...
  9. I accidentally shut off my windows key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally shut off my windows key.: On Xbox Game bar I think there is a feature to have "Game Mode" Always on, in game, or off. I chose always on, and ticked three boxes to disable the windows key, alt f4, and and tab while in game mode. I can't seem to find the option to re-enable them again, and now those 3...
  10. Windows 8 sticker but no product key in UEFI on refurbished laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 8 sticker but no product key in UEFI on refurbished laptop: I'm posting this on TenForums so others will learn from my experience upgrading to Windows 10. But I would really like to know if anyone else has seen a computer with the square Windows 8 sticker, but no product key either on a label or in firmware/bios? <- that's just bolded...