Windows 10: I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user.

Discus and support I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I had an only one account on my computer which was admin. However I have changed this only account to local user by mistakenly through . Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GökberkSolgun, Jun 12, 2020.

1. I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user.

Hi

I had an only one account on my computer which was admin. However I have changed this only account to local user by mistakenly through . Now I cant make this account admin again since I do not have authorization to change it. I have tried anything however, ı couldnt manage the change this local account into administration again.

Please I need help as soon as possible..

Regards

:)

GökberkSolgun, Jun 12, 2020

2. Local account to administrator

Just to be straight with terminology.

You can set up your device with a local account or Microsoft account.

Within each of these options you can then either be an Administrator or a Standard user.

If you go Start, Settings, Account and click on Your Info is it listing you as a local account and just below that are you Standard or Administrator.

Caledon Ken, Jun 12, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user.

I accidentally set my administrator account to a default one.

Hi Bibirica,

There are various factors on how you change the user account type. It can be changing it through Settings, Control Panel and User Accounts. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you trying to log in using the Microsoft account or the Local account?
    • Which user account type are you using?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps to change the account type using Control Panel:

• Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select
      Control Panel.

• Click Change account type.

• Click the user account you want to change.

• Click Change the account type.

• Select Standard or Administrator.

• Click the Change Account Type button to complete the task.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user.

1. I accidentally set my administrator account to a local user. - Similar Threads - accidentally set administrator

2. local user and administrator accounts. I set up only one account and I don't know if it's...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local user and administrator accounts. I set up only one account and I don't know if it's...: how do I determine if I have an administrator account and also a user account? Two names appear at the bottom left of my computer. I open one with a pin. The other one requires a password. I did not create the password. Why is this on my computer?...
  3. local user and administrator accounts. I set up only one account and I don't know if it's...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    local user and administrator accounts. I set up only one account and I don't know if it's...: how do I determine if I have an administrator account and also a user account? Two names appear at the bottom left of my computer. I open one with a pin. The other one requires a password. I did not create the password. Why is this on my computer?...
  4. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  5. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10: I accidentally deleted my Administrator user account on first time user account creation. it has deleted my C: drive and all I'm left with is an X drive. I cannot logon because it keeps asking for password and there's none. please help...
  6. administrator user account accidentally deleted on windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to enable the Built-in administrator account from local user account[not local...: How to built-in administrator enable the account from user account.....? I tried following command but getting below error. [ATTACH] Can you give the solution to fix the issue....
  8. I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMIN ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT: HELLO SO I WAS ANGRY THAT DAY AND THEN I ACCIDENTALLY CHANGE MY ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT INTO A LOCAL ACCOUNT AND THEN I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CHANGE IT BACK....
  9. I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change my Administrator Microsoft account to a local user.: I have 2 accounts on my laptop right now. The administrator account was the one I first logged in with this laptop and later, I added my second Microsoft account. I want to change my old account to a local user so I can change the Microsoft account on my second account to...
  10. My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Account is shown as Local, accidentally changed from Administrator :(: I cannot make any changes or remove Apps. I have two Account. My Account to startup with shows as only Local.... How do I make it Administrator? I cannot add or remove anything. Help.......