Windows 10: I accidentally set the age of an account to under 13. How do I change the age to an adult?

Discus and support I accidentally set the age of an account to under 13. How do I change the age to an adult? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to help a friend set up a Minecraft account so we could play the game together, but I accidentally set the age to under 13, and Minecraft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by George Squashington, Jan 7, 2023.

1. I accidentally set the age of an account to under 13. How do I change the age to an adult?

I was trying to help a friend set up a Minecraft account so we could play the game together, but I accidentally set the age to under 13, and Minecraft multiplayer does not work. How can I change their account age to an adult if they aren't part of a Microsoft family, and don't have access to an adult account? I have already tried almost everything, from trying to change it through a Microsoft family, to making a new account, but nothing seems to work. And, before you ask, no, just trying to change the age didn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.TL;DR: How can we change the ag

:)

George Squashington, Jan 7, 2023
  2. DexterL. Win User

Age requirement

Hi
    AakashRohila

The legal adult age requirement varies by Country and Region.

At Microsoft, an account is defined by age categories.

Ex: US Region

• Young child: Anyone under the age of 8
    • Child: Ages 8 through 12
    • Teen: Ages 13 through 17 (or 19 in South Korea)
    • Adult: Ages 18 above

Hope this will help.

DexterL., Jan 7, 2023
  3. Family Account Adult Age

Hello, I just read a question which stated that anyone over the age of 18 is considered an Adult Account. I am 18 and I have child restrictions on my account. My birthday is set to the correct day/month/year. How can I change my account to an Adult account?

Shane Nickel-Thibodeau, Jan 7, 2023
  4. I accidentally set the age of an account to under 13. How do I change the age to an adult?

How to change child account to adult

Hi Brookelynn,

Your Xbox Live account age will be based from the Date of Birth that you entered when you created your Xbox Live profile online. Once the account reaches the age of 18 years old, it will automatically change to adult.

If you accidentally set up an incorrect Date of Birth on the account, you have to wait for the account to become an adult or create a new account with the correct Date of Birth. However, if your account shows the correct Date of Birth and the system recognizes
    it as child account, you can promote the child account to adult by adding a payment instrument and a billing information to your Microsoft Account. You can go to this

link
    and follow the steps to add a payment instrument to your account.

You may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 7, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally set the age of an account to under 13. How do I change the age to an adult?

1. I accidentally set the age of an account to under 13. How do I change the age to an adult? - Similar Threads - accidentally set age

2. How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?: It is as the description says!Your advisers are so poor at dealing with these issues, it's not funny. I've scoured the internet for solutions and none have come up. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to change my god damn age when I'm trying to pay into your Skype...
  3. How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?: It is as the description says!Your advisers are so poor at dealing with these issues, it's not funny. I've scoured the internet for solutions and none have come up. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to change my god damn age when I'm trying to pay into your Skype...
  4. Changing Birthday of an account under 13 years of age

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Birthday of an account under 13 years of age: Hello, I am contacting support on behalf of another with a rather complex problem. I have three prior case numbers from two days ago and today. 1st Case: 1050016725 2nd Case: 1050135824. 3rd Case: 1050135824 In essence this account was accidentally set to be a child under 13...
  5. Changing Birthday of an account under 13 years of age

Changing Birthday of an account under 13 years of age: Hello, I am contacting support on behalf of another with a rather complex problem. I have three prior case numbers from two days ago and today. 1st Case: 1050016725 2nd Case: 1050135824. 3rd Case: 1050135824 In essence this account was accidentally set to be a child under 13...
  6. Changing Birthday of an account under 13 years of age

7. I accidentally set the age of an account to under 13. How do I change the age to an adult?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set the age of an account to under 13. How do I change the age to an adult?: I was trying to help a friend set up a Minecraft account so we could play the game together, but I accidentally set the age to under 13, and Minecraft multiplayer does not work. How can I change their account age to an adult if they aren't part of a Microsoft family, and...
  8. Changing age of under 13 account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing age of under 13 account: Hello, i got a problem with changing my age. To change it my account need to be 13+, is here any other way of changing it than waiting years?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-age-of-under-13-account/63edd40d-0a7c-4b47-8e5c-9cecaea48488
  9. Changing age of under 13 account

Changing age of under 13 account: Hello, i got a problem with changing my age. To change it my account need to be 13+, is here any other way of changing it than waiting years?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-age-of-under-13-account/63edd40d-0a7c-4b47-8e5c-9cecaea48488
  10. Family Account Adult Age

Family Account Adult Age: Hello, I just read a question which stated that anyone over the age of 18 is considered an Adult Account. I am 18 and I have child restrictions on my account. My birthday is set to the correct day/month/year. How can I change my account to an Adult account?...