Windows 10: I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up,...

Discus and support I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up, and other than that there are no activities. It is not even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mahi Sharma, Nov 30, 2022.

1. I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up,...

I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up, and other than that there are no activities. It is not even turning on and off. Please help

:)

Mahi Sharma, Nov 30, 2022
  2. remolanot Win User

Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Back light for keyboard

I have had my asus laptop for a year now i don't know how to turn my keyboard back lights on. I tried fn + fn3 or fn4 but it only changes the light on the laptop screen. Is there any way you can help me to fix this problem? I have a VivoBook
    Max X541SA. i have windows 10 home

emmamurray1, Nov 30, 2022
  4. I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up,...

The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up,...

1. I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up,... - Similar Threads - accidentally shut down

2. computer accidentally shut down while updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer accidentally shut down while updating: shut down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-accidentally-shut-down-while-updating/ae4bed44-8fdd-4c72-991d-bf1628022a1b
  3. computer accidentally shut down while updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer accidentally shut down while updating: shut down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-accidentally-shut-down-while-updating/ae4bed44-8fdd-4c72-991d-bf1628022a1b
  4. computer accidentally shut down while updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have accidentally shut down my laptop during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have accidentally shut down my laptop during resetting: I'm using Lenovo model laptop it's now showing error after restarting my laptop after resetting error is like computer restarted unexpectedly windows cannot proceed installation click ok to restart laptop and restart installation after that also still showing same error...
  6. I have accidentally shut down my laptop during resetting

I have accidentally shut down my laptop during resetting: I'm using Lenovo model laptop it's now showing error after restarting my laptop after resetting error is like computer restarted unexpectedly windows cannot proceed installation click ok to restart laptop and restart installation after that also still showing same error...
  7. I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up,...

I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up,...: I accidentally shut down my laptop between update. Now only the keyboard is lighting up, and other than that there are no activities. It is not even turning on and off. Please help...
  8. My laptop suddenly shut down and now, it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop suddenly shut down and now, it won't boot up.: I was watching a YouTube video on Firefox with only one tab open when it suddenly shut down out of nowhere. The behavior was similar to a hard shutdown. I waited for a few seconds and then turned it on. The fan was loud and spinning fast and the screen was dead. The power...
  9. My laptop shut down on update and it's stuck now, help?

My laptop shut down on update and it's stuck now, help?: So, my laptop was updating after I turned it on,and when it got to 100% it got stuck, the little ring thing kept spinning but it remained like that for almost an hour, then the power went out and since there's no battery it shut down completely. Now it starts up and it gets...
  10. Why is my laptop updating only to 30% and then shutting down?

Why is my laptop updating only to 30% and then shutting down?: My laptop just prompted me to either Update and Restart or Update and Shut Down, however after I selected Update and Shut Down it only updated to 30% and then started shutting down. My laptop is an HP Notebook....