Windows 10: I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair...

Discus and support I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair loop. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Silver Star1, Jan 20, 2023.

1. I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair...

I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair loop. What do I do?

:)

Silver Star1, Jan 20, 2023

2. Laptop Reset Loop

Hi Vince,

Let us resolve your concern regarding frequent reboot. We suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your laptop.
    • Turn on your laptop. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your laptop turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your laptop for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 20, 2023
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 20, 2023
  4. I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair...

Can't reset my laptop from automatic repair

Hello everyone,

My laptop with Windows 10 is showing a blue screen with the error 0xc000021a every time I try to access the Windows.

When I turn on my laptop, it shows the message: 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC' and the options: 'Shut down' and 'Advanced options'. I already tried to fix the computer on the 'Advanced options' using several methods that I found on sites and videos, but nothing I tried worked.

For example: if I choose 'Repair your computer' and then 'Startup Repair, it returns a SrtTrail.txt error. I also tried to run a lot of commands that I found on the internet in the Command Prompt to try to fix this error, but none worked. I also can't restore the system, because it says there's no system restore points available, and I can't boot into safe mode either.

So, I tried to reset the laptop on Advanced options > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Keep my files. I confirmed on 'Reset' and the laptop started to reset, but when it was about to 50% concluded, unexpectedly my laptop stopped the reset and went back to automatic repair window. I tried this procedure three times, and the same thing happened in all.

Does anyone can help me, please? What's happening, why can't I reset my laptop? What I need to do to be able to reset it or fix the blue screen so I can get back to use my laptop normally?

Thank you

P.S.: sorry for any mistakes in my text, English isn't my first language.

thiagoroska, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair...

1. I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair... - Similar Threads - accidentally turned off

2. Hi please help I accidentally turn off laptop while reseting now it turns on but keeps on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi please help I accidentally turn off laptop while reseting now it turns on but keeps on...: Hi please help I accidentally turn off laptop while reseting now it turns on but keeps on writing name of the laptop only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-please-help-i-accidentally-turn-off-laptop/07ca40c3-9f4a-4f59-a55a-e810c6b4e623
  3. Hi please help I accidentally turn off laptop while reseting now it turns on but keeps on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi please help I accidentally turn off laptop while reseting now it turns on but keeps on...: Hi please help I accidentally turn off laptop while reseting now it turns on but keeps on writing name of the laptop only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-please-help-i-accidentally-turn-off-laptop/07ca40c3-9f4a-4f59-a55a-e810c6b4e623
  4. Hi please help I accidentally turn off laptop while reseting now it turns on but keeps on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I accidentally turned off my computer while factory resetting it.

I accidentally turned off my computer while factory resetting it.: My computer just turns black then shows the starting and for a quick second it shows the blue screen with the 64% complete. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-turned-off-my-computer-while/4ec1b46f-9eb2-4f5b-b8f7-bd9aa36b19f9
  6. is it normal that my laptop automatically turned off while resetting?

is it normal that my laptop automatically turned off while resetting?: is it normal that my laptop automatically turned off while resetting? It said that it completed 64% of the reset. I am trying to remove all of my files and locally installing windows. Pls help... This it happening for third time now.....
  7. is it normal that my laptop automatically turned off while resetting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is it normal that my laptop automatically turned off while resetting?: is it normal that my laptop automatically turned off while resetting? It said that it completed 64% of the reset. I am trying to remove all of my files and locally installing windows. Pls help... This it happening for third time now.....
  8. is it normal that my laptop automatically turned off while resetting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair...: I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair loop. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-turned-off-my-laptop-while-it-was/400bfd77-ae20-42aa-9f19-8e09dc211198
  10. I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair...

I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair...: I accidentally turned off my laptop while it was resetting. Now it's on automatic repair loop. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-turned-off-my-laptop-while-it-was/400bfd77-ae20-42aa-9f19-8e09dc211198