Windows 10: I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

Discus and support I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was on geforce experience when there was a driver update, and I installed it. I had a button on my desktop to click if I want to shut it down, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Damarcus Demitrius, Dec 3, 2023.

1. I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

I was on geforce experience when there was a driver update, and I installed it. I had a button on my desktop to click if I want to shut it down, and I accidentally pressed it, and now my pc is stuck in 640 x 720 or something and I can't get it out. I tried to install the graphics card update but I can't start It because of how zoomed in or small the screen is. If anybody knows how to fix this, please tell me.

:)

Damarcus Demitrius, Dec 3, 2023

2. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2023
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Dec 3, 2023
  4. I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

Graphic card Driver

Diogo Goncalves, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

1. I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now... - Similar Threads - accidentally turned off

2. I accidentally turn my laptop off while updating and now I can turn it back on. I use an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally turn my laptop off while updating and now I can turn it back on. I use an...: I accidentally turn my laptop off while updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-turn-my-laptop-off-while-updating/0d4892e3-f02d-49c2-8864-42b858e50885
  3. I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...: I was on geforce experience when there was a driver update, and I installed it. I had a button on my desktop to click if I want to shut it down, and I accidentally pressed it, and now my pc is stuck in 640 x 720 or something and I can't get it out. I tried to install the...
  4. I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally turned off my pc while it downloading a graphics card driver update, and now...: I was on geforce experience when there was a driver update, and I installed it. I had a button on my desktop to click if I want to shut it down, and I accidentally pressed it, and now my pc is stuck in 640 x 720 or something and I can't get it out. I tried to install the...
  5. Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??: Hello, as the title says, my screen went black and then the PC restarted without BSOD. I checked bluescreenviewer and it appears to be a graphics error, either with the gpu or its drivers. I add the MEMORY.DMP as a .rar in Google Drive and share the link. I hope you can see...
  6. Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??

Monitor turns off and then restarts the PC. Driver or graphics card issue??: Hello, as the title says, my screen went black and then the PC restarted without BSOD. I checked bluescreenviewer and it appears to be a graphics error, either with the gpu or its drivers. I add the MEMORY.DMP as a .rar in Google Drive and share the link. I hope you can see...
  7. I accidentally deleted my graphics driver/card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my graphics driver/card: So this happened today when my pc ran into an error so i used a restore point i had which put me to the latest intel driver i was using a older version before which is prolly the reason of the error so i tried uninstalling the driver and when i tried installing the old one it...
  8. I accidentally deleted my graphics driver/card

I accidentally deleted my graphics driver/card: So this happened today when my pc ran into an error so i used a restore point i had which put me to the latest intel driver i was using a older version before which is prolly the reason of the error so i tried uninstalling the driver and when i tried installing the old one it...
  9. Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Someone accidentally turned off my PC while it is was updating: Visible issues(custom desktop background missing, and account icon looks wonky) after the incident happened, no functional problems. Is there a way to overwrite on top of the update to fix itself. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/JuDg3_Jacob...
  10. I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating: Hello, so last night I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating, and now it won't turn on. I have a lenovo computer and when I turn it on the lenovo logo would show and then the screen would go completely black, but I can hear the fan going etc. Please tell...