Windows 10: I accidentally turned this setting on my monitor since then it never recognized my laptop...

Discus and support I accidentally turned this setting on my monitor since then it never recognized my laptop... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Speedier_soup [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Speedier_soup, Mar 3, 2021.

1. I accidentally turned this setting on my monitor since then it never recognized my laptop...

/u/Speedier_soup, Mar 3, 2021

2. Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if the laptop is unable to recognize only the external monitor or other external devices also.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Igal_1234 Win User
    Laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor

Original Title: Igal

Hi,

I am using Samsung series 5 Ultra laptop. installed windows 10 and upgraded to office 2015.

my laptop suddenly stopped recognizing the external monitor (HDMI connection). checked on a few different cables and monitors but nothing happens.

anyone has any suggestion how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Igal_1234, Mar 3, 2021
  4. leeowen3 Win User

I accidentally turned this setting on my monitor since then it never recognized my laptop...

INSTALLING SECOND MONITOR, SYSTEM WONT RECOGNIZE

I HAVE TRIED TO INSTALL SECOND MONITOR. BOUGHT APPROPRIATE ADAPTORS, CHECKED AND RECHECKED CONNECTIONS. WHEN I GO TO SETTINGS IT WONT RECOGNIZE SECOND MONITOR, TURNED OFF AND ON, TRIED DETECT, NO LUCK. ANY SUGGESTIONS. TRYING TO ADD TO WINDOWS 10

leeowen3, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

I accidentally turned this setting on my monitor since then it never recognized my laptop...

1. I accidentally turned this setting on my monitor since then it never recognized my laptop... - Similar Threads - accidentally turned setting

2. My laptop is not recognizing my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop is not recognizing my headphones: Hello, so the story starts that today 25th December, I was using my headphones for music when they suddenly stopped. I tried to check with another headphone and that headphone was also not working. I checked the drivers and it seems that my headphone driver just uninstalled...
  3. Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off my laptop monitor and not turn it back on even if there is an input: Hey guys im trying to play games by streaming them to another device(Steam link) and i would like to tun off my monitor while im doing so, but no matter what i try(Programs, Power options,Closing the lid) my monitor will always turn back on when i make an input, is there any...
  4. Why is my 3rd monitor flickering since I changed my 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why is my 3rd monitor flickering since I changed my 2nd monitor?: My setup: Windows 10 1909 Monitor 1: Asus ProArt PA 248Q (1920x1200) Monitor 2: Asus ProArt PA 248Q (1920x1200) Monitor 3: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW (1680x1050) First off, let me say that I had no issues with this setup until Monitor 2 died of exhaustion and I replaced it...
  5. Why is my 3rd monitor flickering since I changed my 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my 3rd monitor flickering since I changed my 2nd monitor?: My setup: Windows 10 1909 Monitor 1: Asus ProArt PA 248Q (1920x1200) Monitor 2: Asus ProArt PA 248Q (1920x1200) Monitor 3: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW (1680x1050) First off, let me say that I had no issues with this setup until Monitor 2 died of exhaustion and I replaced it...
  6. I accidentally disabled my laptop keyboard

I accidentally disabled my laptop keyboard: Hi everybody I was wondering whether somebody can help me? I was trying to enable my laptop keyboard back light for the keys and I accidentally disabled the entire keyboard, so can only now use the onscreen keyboard on my HP Spectre x360. I may gone into the bios and the...
  7. my new monitor is not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my new monitor is not recognized by pc: I’ve bought a monitor MSI g27c2 but my computer does not recognise it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-monitor-is-not-recognized-by-pc/9e3424aa-27f4-4fb7-ab30-ed99f84c67a4
  8. I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop

I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop: details Windows 10 home Version 1803 Inspirion 13-7378 Intel core 2.4 GHz 64 bit operating system I inadvertently uninstalled one of the programs on my laptop. Unfortunately all I saw before it went away was that it was a Microsoft apt. But I don't know which one. And...
  9. I accidentally turned my display into tablet. How do I turn it back?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally turned my display into tablet. How do I turn it back?: I accidentally turnedmy display into tablet I beleive and cant turn it back * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: Dispaly...
  10. why windows not recognize when I have my second monitor turned off?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    why windows not recognize when I have my second monitor turned off?: why wont windows recognize when I have my second monitor turned off? Hi all. I find it very frustrating when I have my second monitor turned off but not unplugged from the hdmi port that windows treats everything as tho it is still turned on. I have been annoyed by this...