Windows 10: I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth on Device Manager

Discus and support I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth on Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Spectre x360. For some reason, the bluetooth stopped working one day, which seems to be a common problem for the Spectre. I was following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VanessaJH, Nov 22, 2020.

1. VanessaJH Win User

I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth on Device Manager

I have an HP Spectre x360. For some reason, the bluetooth stopped working one day, which seems to be a common problem for the Spectre. I was following instructions on how to fix it, but then I accidentally uninstalled the Bluetooth from the Device Manager. Now, even when I click "Show hidden devices" on the Device Manager, Blutooth doesn't show up like it used to

Any advice? I've tried downloading the latest driver and restarting my device, but Bluetooth still won't show up. Thanks!

:)

VanessaJH, Nov 22, 2020

2. Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager

Ok so I was trying to fix my bluetooth since it suddenly just went off and I couldnt find it in the tab, long story short I accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager and now I need help trying to fix this thanks in advance if someone would
    answer

Laptop is a Lenovo Yoga 710 so it is compatible for bluetooth

Already tried downloading a BT_21.80.0_64_Win10 from Intel which I assumed is my OEM, and I still couldnt find bluetooth in the device manager

MarcoPanganiban, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Bluetooth services and device manager

Hi Tina,

Having an incompatible driver causes functionality issues like what you are experiencing right now with your Bluetooth. To resolve such issue, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your Bluetooth drivers manually instead of letting Windows search for
    an updated driver automatically. Here are the steps to do that:

• Visit your device manufacturer’s website to download the latest driver.
    • Right-click on the Start button, then select Device Manager.
    • Select Bluetooth, then the Bluetooth driver
      name.
    • Right-click on driver and then select Uninstall device >Delete the driver software for this device check box >
      Uninstall.
    • After uninstalling, right-click the driver that's having the issue, select
      Update driver
      > Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Select Browse > look for the drivers you've just downloaded >
      OK.
    • Select Next > follow the steps to install the driver >
      Close
    • Restart your computer.

You can also refer to this
    article
    to see troubleshooting steps for common Bluetooth issues.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 22, 2020
  4. I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth on Device Manager

Bluetooth device disappears from device manager after updating to windows 10

Hi Asim,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with detecting the Bluetooth drivers in Device Manager.

As you have already tried with start the Bluetooth service, run troubleshooter and etc., I suggest you to try the below and check.

I suggest you to check for the HP utilities that are installed in your device and uninstall the one related to Bluetooth and check if it helps.

Steps: 

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Select for one of the utility from HP that is related to Bluetooth, right click on it and
      Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth on Device Manager

1. I accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth on Device Manager - Similar Threads - accidentally uninstalled Bluetooth

2. I have accidentally uninstalled bluetooth entirely from device manager. How can I reinstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have accidentally uninstalled bluetooth entirely from device manager. How can I reinstall...: The bluetooth in the laptop was not working. I couldn't see it in action bar or the toggle to turn it on/off in settings bluetooth. Hence, I tried troubleshooting it but it said that check bluetooth capability. Then I tried to click on windows + r and again clicked on start...
  3. I have accidentally uninstalled bluetooth entirely from device manager. How can I reinstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have accidentally uninstalled bluetooth entirely from device manager. How can I reinstall...: The bluetooth in the laptop was not working. I couldn't see it in action bar or the toggle to turn it on/off in settings bluetooth. Hence, I tried troubleshooting it but it said that check bluetooth capability. Then I tried to click on windows + r and again clicked on start...
  4. I have accidentally uninstalled bluetooth entirely from device manager. How can I reinstall...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager. HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager. HELP!: So the on and off toggle for bluetooth in settings disappeared after flashing my bios. So I did some troubleshooting to fix it no avail. I found a thread that recommended uninstalling bluetooth devices underneath the bluetooth tab in device manager, which I did...now the...
  6. Bluetooth uninstalled from device manager

Bluetooth uninstalled from device manager: Hello The Bluetooth icon on my laptop disappeared earlier this morning from both the toggle keys and the notification panel. Added to that, the Bluetooth on/off button also disappeared from the Bluetooth Settings. Even in the Device Manager, Bluetooth appeared in the...
  7. I accidentally deleted all bluetooth drivers in device manager

I accidentally deleted all bluetooth drivers in device manager: I accidentally deleted all bluetooth drivers in device manager whilst trying to solve another bluetooth related issue. All bluetooth related things dont show up anymore in device manager, not even when it shows the hidden devices. I've tried installing bluetooth drivers from...
  8. Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager

Accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager: Ok so I was trying to fix my bluetooth since it suddenly just went off and I couldnt find it in the tab, long story short I accidentally uninstalled my bluetooth from device manager and now I need help trying to fix this thanks in advance if someone would answer Laptop is a...
  9. Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager

Accidentally uninstalled bluetooth from device manager: Hi, I have purchased a Bluetooth dongle from tplink UB400, this device is just plug and play for windows 10 and does not require drivers. In an attempt to change a setting i uninstalled everything under Bluetooth in device manager, now this device is no longer working. I...
  10. Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth

Accidentally Uninstalled Bluetooth: My bluetooth is completely gone. Formerly, I used a bunch of devices that required bluetooth. My PC and devices had no issues connecting. However, the icon went missing, and I followed a tech support instruction. I accidentally deleted the bluetooth in the hidden devices area...