Windows 10: i accidentally uninstalled both the driver and the device of my inbuilt camera

Discus and support i accidentally uninstalled both the driver and the device of my inbuilt camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I was trying to reinstall the drivers to my inbuilt camera due to issues with the camera app, but i accidentally uninstalled the camera device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by computer-help, Apr 21, 2020.

1. i accidentally uninstalled both the driver and the device of my inbuilt camera

Hello!

I was trying to reinstall the drivers to my inbuilt camera due to issues with the camera app, but i accidentally uninstalled the camera device as well. Now im afraid i cant use the camera in any other app either! The camera is not in the device manager, and yes i have also checked the hidden devices, its not there. I have Windows 10 Home, and my laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad. How can i reinstall the camera device with usable drivers again?

Please help, i am kind of a boomer.

:)

computer-help, Apr 21, 2020

2. Accidentally uninstalled a camera. It was the only camera.

I accidentally uninstalled a camera. After that, the whole camera folder is gone. I cannot find it. I accidentally uninstalled a camera in device manager. I was trying to find the plug where the other camera was, but I couldn't. I tried disabling a camera, it was the only camera, I accidentally pressed "uninstall" instead of "disable." and I couldn't abort the uninstallation. *cry I couldn't find any videos on how to reinstall or get it back. They were videos like how to do the same thing but on other versions like XP, or other things like how to get back drivers, I tried to follow them, but there were things that I have to download, or even PURCHASE them, which is annoying. Can anybody help?

RedSlimeball YT, Apr 21, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused i accidentally uninstalled both the driver and the device of my inbuilt camera :confused:

oli_ramsay, Apr 21, 2020
  4. i accidentally uninstalled both the driver and the device of my inbuilt camera

Inbuilt camera not working after November update

Hello
    GöranSS

Given the information you've provided where you state that you got your camera working prior to the November update, it sounds to me like the November update reinstalled a driver that doesn't work with your camera. Most likely the camera driver got replaced
    with the generic webcam driver. I'd suggest you rollback to your previous driver and see if that corrects the problem. To do this:

How to rollback to previous driver:

• Right click on start button>Device Manager
    • Under Imaging devices locate your camera, you may need to click the ">" to expand the list to see your camera
    • Right click on the device name>Properties
    • Click on Driver Tab
    • Click the Roll Back Driver button

If that doesn't work, you can manually choose another driver already installed on your system and see if that works. To do this:

How to manually choose a previously installed driver:

• Right click on start button>Device Manager
    • Under Imaging devices locate your camera, you may need to click the ">" to expand the list to see your camera
    • Right click on the device name>Properties
    • Click "Update Driver" button
    • Click "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    • Select an older driver
    You may need try several drivers to find the right one. Let us know if you've resolved the issue after you try these steps.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom A - Windows Camera Platform Team [MSFT], Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

i accidentally uninstalled both the driver and the device of my inbuilt camera

1. i accidentally uninstalled both the driver and the device of my inbuilt camera - Similar Threads - accidentally uninstalled both

2. I accidentally uninstalled sata driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally uninstalled sata driver: Im actually trying to fix my DVD-rom issue. Im sure my Laptop has DVD-rom and it happened that it was gone in my windows explorer. Since i can't find it in device manager too, i tried to google solutions that might help me in my problem. I've watched a video on YouTube that...
  3. i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver: so this happened today when i was watching youtube and my computer ran into an error and another thung my pc ran into a error yesterday and today it might be because i downloaded a older graphics driver because a game i played was smooth before but now it started lagging and...
  4. i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver

i accidentally uninstalled my graphics driver: so this happened today when i was watching youtube and my computer ran into an error and another thung my pc ran into a error yesterday and today it might be because i downloaded a older graphics driver because a game i played was smooth before but now it started lagging and...
  5. accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .: I accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . so my keyboard isn't working. I have tried all means to get it back including restarting my pc and haven't succeeded. kindly need your help ....
  6. accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .: I accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager . so my keyboard isn't working. I have tried all means to get it back including restarting my pc and haven't succeeded. kindly need your help ....
  7. accidentally uninstalled my keyboard driver and lost it in the device manager .

8. Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver

Accidentally uninstalled my Bluetooth driver: Here are the series of events that happened. 1. My bluetooth headset, stopped working while being connected. I opened Bluetooth and tried to disconnect it, but it wouldn't and instead showed " cannot disconnect device". 2. So I promptly turned off bluetooth and closed...
  9. I accidentally uninstalled my camera driver from device manager from my hp laptop

I accidentally uninstalled my camera driver from device manager from my hp laptop: hello, I have Hp-204tx laptop with windows 10 on it. When I'm trying to open camera...it is showing that we can't find your camera with error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. I try to update driver in device manager but accidentally, I uninstalled the driver....
  10. Accidentally uninstalled a camera. It was the only camera.

Accidentally uninstalled a camera. It was the only camera.: I accidentally uninstalled a camera. After that, the whole camera folder is gone. I cannot find it. I accidentally uninstalled a camera in device manager. I was trying to find the plug where the other camera was, but I couldn't. I tried disabling a camera, it was the only...