Windows 10: I accidentally Uninstalled the built-in webcam in my laptop and I don't know how to install...

Discus and support I accidentally Uninstalled the built-in webcam in my laptop and I don't know how to install... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop is the hp Envy13 2020. The laptop cannot detect the Webcam and it does not appear in device manager even after scanning for it in hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gryffindorme, Oct 13, 2020.

1. I accidentally Uninstalled the built-in webcam in my laptop and I don't know how to install...

My laptop is the hp Envy13 2020.

The laptop cannot detect the Webcam and it does not appear in device manager even after scanning for it in hardware changes. Idk if this is really the place for this post but I'm trying my best to figure out the problem.

submitted by /u/Gryffindorme
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gryffindorme, Oct 13, 2020
  2. WiIfred P Win User

install webcam on msi laptop

Hi 1papertiger,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about installing webcam on MSI laptops.

Most laptops have a built-in webcam on it, If it's not working, there's a problem with the driver or settings of it.

Step1: I request you to check for Hidden Devices in Device Manager. Please refer to these steps:

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

b. Click on View and select Show Hidden Devices.

c. Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.

d. If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.

e. Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.

Step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter and check if you receive any error messages.

a. On the desktop, press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.

b. Click on it and click on Hardware and Sound.

c. Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the prompted steps.

If the laptop doesn't have a built-in webcam on it, you would need to purchase an external webcam, plug it on your laptop and driver will download automatically.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Rin3105 Win User
    No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected

Hi. I have been encountering problems with my Lenovo G40-70 laptop webcam after installing Windows 10 1903 on it. The webcam's driver and the section Imaging devices are missing in Device Manager, but however, I notice the Unknown USB Device (Device Descript Request Failed) in Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    When I tried to access the webcam with Camera app, it says "We cannot find your camera" with error code 0xA00F4244.
    I have tried different ways to fix it, manually installing drivers from my laptop brand's support site, updating and uninstalling the faulty driver but so far nothing worked.
    Please help me, I have been struggling with this problem for hours and now I'm completely lost.
    Here's my Device Manager list:

I accidentally Uninstalled the built-in webcam in my laptop and I don't know how to install... [​IMG]

Rin3105, Oct 13, 2020
  4. I accidentally Uninstalled the built-in webcam in my laptop and I don't know how to install...

laptops built in webcams

Hi Jim,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

• Kindly let us know the make and model of your device.
    Meanwhile, I would suggest you to uninstall and
    re-install the Webcam drivers
    in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
      Driver’s setup file
      for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

I accidentally Uninstalled the built-in webcam in my laptop and I don't know how to install...

1. I accidentally Uninstalled the built-in webcam in my laptop and I don't know how to install... - Similar Threads - accidentally Uninstalled built

2. I accidentally uninstalled something and don't remember what it was

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally uninstalled something and don't remember what it was: Whenever I open a website in Google Chrome, I'm given the "this app can't run on your PC" message, despite everything working fine. I remember accidentally uninstalling something earlier, but I don't remember what and I'm pretty sure it's the reason why this is happening. Can...
  3. I accidentally uninstalled my integrated webcam !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally uninstalled my integrated webcam !: My webcam has been playing up and I thought because I have to use it a lot for lessons that I should try and fix it. I've spent 4 hours trying to find a way of fixing the problem permanently and came to the conclusion to uninstall the camera in an attempt to install it back...
  4. I don't know what my NAT type is and I don't know how to install Teredo Adapter.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I don't know what my NAT type is and I don't know how to install Teredo Adapter.: I recently built a new PC and tried connecting it to the internet. It did connect but I can't figure out how to fix my NAT type. The server connectivity is connected but the NAT type says "teredo is unable to qualify". When I press Check Again, the NAT type changes to Open...
  5. I have built a pc and don't know how to get Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have built a pc and don't know how to get Windows?: Heyyy guys, I built a gaming pc and I don't have windows yet. When I start my pc, I get a picture of the Aorus logo and it says: reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. Maybe you need my specs My specs:...
  6. I deleted my built in webcam accidentally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted my built in webcam accidentally: So i was in device manager and by accidentally uninstalled my built in webcam, everything says to go back into device manager and update it, but its no longer in device manager. Please help and thank you. submitted by /u/Super_Boi_Thicc [link] [comments]...
  7. I accidentally changed the colour of my screen with a shortcut and I don't know how to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally changed the colour of my screen with a shortcut and I don't know how to...: Hello everyone! I am currently having an issue. I was watching videos and I wanted to copy something using CTRL + C. I did, but at the same time, I pressed some other keys by accident. I always do this and nothing happens. But when I did it, I noticed my screen went brighter...
  8. How can I reinstall a webcam that I accidentally uninstalled?

How can I reinstall a webcam that I accidentally uninstalled?: A few days ago, I uninstalled my webcam with the hopes of reinstalling it. I can't find a way to do it. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reinstall-a-webcam-that-i-accidentally/80acb65a-8ac6-45be-b1f7-6ea8044a9fc1
  9. I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop

I accidentally uninstalled an app on my laptop: details Windows 10 home Version 1803 Inspirion 13-7378 Intel core 2.4 GHz 64 bit operating system I inadvertently uninstalled one of the programs on my laptop. Unfortunately all I saw before it went away was that it was a Microsoft apt. But I don't know which one. And...
  10. How do I reconnect my built-in HP webcam after I accidentally disconnected it in settings...

How do I reconnect my built-in HP webcam after I accidentally disconnected it in settings...: I had just completed a complete refresh of Windows 10 prior to this and all of the factory installed HP apps were removed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/how-do-i-reconnect-my-built-in-hp-webcam-after-i/15d38162-5596-44c4-b241-c944362752c4