Windows 10: I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer.

Discus and support I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I need urgent help on this matter. My motherboard broke down recently and I've got myself a replacement motherboard, I did a clean installation and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sherlockian, Jun 3, 2023.

1. I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer.

Hi, I need urgent help on this matter. My motherboard broke down recently and I've got myself a replacement motherboard, I did a clean installation and expected my Windows 10 to automatically be activated after installation. It uses digital key tied to my Microsoft account. So I went ahead to unlink my old motherboard for safety purposes. However, I didn't notice that my Windows was not activated until my next reboot which I noticed the watermark to Activate Windows. Currently when I use troubleshooter to reactivate my Windows, I am unable to see my previous device name for transfer. Is there

:)

Sherlockian, Jun 3, 2023
  2. DavidY Win User

Is the free upgarde transferable? I think not.

Hi Kari,
    Can you confirm that the computer at step 5 (I numbered your list *Wink ) had never had an activated Insider build (especially not 10240)?

I'm wondering if it was possible that the second machine activated because the activation servers recognised the hardware from an earlier activation, and not because of the method you used to transfer?

DavidY, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Jun 3, 2023
  4. I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer.

unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer.

1. I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer. - Similar Threads - accidentally unlinked hardware

2. Why can't I transfer my activation key after hardware change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I transfer my activation key after hardware change?: I know this has been asked much, but I followed all methods suggested and nothing is working for me.I changed my motherboard today and I lost my activation . It shows "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has been changed." but troubleshooting does not fix it.I'm...
  3. Why can't I transfer my activation key after hardware change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I transfer my activation key after hardware change?: I know this has been asked much, but I followed all methods suggested and nothing is working for me.I changed my motherboard today and I lost my activation . It shows "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has been changed." but troubleshooting does not fix it.I'm...
  4. Uninstalled ondedrive before unlinking it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled ondedrive before unlinking it: Recently, I had realized that Onedrive had synced many files that I didn't want to sync. For a while, my solution was to right click on onedrive, hit "free up space", and then quot the app on every boot. This got tedious, so I Uninstaller Onedrive, but I forgot to unlink it...
  5. Uninstalled ondedrive before unlinking it

Uninstalled ondedrive before unlinking it: Recently, I had realized that Onedrive had synced many files that I didn't want to sync. For a while, my solution was to right click on onedrive, hit "free up space", and then quot the app on every boot. This got tedious, so I Uninstaller Onedrive, but I forgot to unlink it...
  6. I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer.

I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer.: Hi, I need urgent help on this matter. My motherboard broke down recently and I've got myself a replacement motherboard, I did a clean installation and expected my Windows 10 to automatically be activated after installation. It uses digital key tied to my Microsoft account....
  7. I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I accidentally unlinked my hardware before knowing about the windows activation transfer.: Hi, I need urgent help on this matter. My motherboard broke down recently and I've got myself a replacement motherboard, I did a clean installation and expected my Windows 10 to automatically be activated after installation. It uses digital key tied to my Microsoft account....
  8. What to know about Windows 11 before upgrading

in Windows 10 News
    What to know about Windows 11 before upgrading: [ATTACH]Microsoft has released Windows 11. Since then, Windows 10 users worldwide are slowly upgrading their PCs to Windows 11. Most of the new computers that we buy today ship with Windows 11. Though Windows 11 is getting traction among users, there are many questions and...
  9. Hardware changed but activation not transferred - 0xC004F211

Hardware changed but activation not transferred - 0xC004F211: I've just changed most of my hardware today. It now says that Windows is not activated. I don't have a product key, rather it's connected to my Microsoft account. I have had a change a few months ago I reinstalled and upgraded from x86 to x64 with some minor hardware changes...
  10. How Many Hardware Changes Before Activation Fails?

How Many Hardware Changes Before Activation Fails?: I've been experimenting installing Windows 10 FCU on an old 2004 PC (see System 2 spec). I originally installed a cheap Windows 7 licence then did an in place upgrade to Windows 10 which is activated with a digital licence linked to my MS account. I then found some...