Windows 10: I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever...

Discus and support I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The problem is specific to my Google Drive folder because I can open MS Word files on other drives. The folder hangs when I click any MS Word file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MithilSampat, Nov 20, 2018.

1. I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever...

The problem is specific to my Google Drive folder because I can open MS Word files on other drives. The folder hangs when I click any MS Word file in my Google Drive folder.

This is what it looks like:

I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever... c36c7eda-dafa-4746-8ff4-13319fb55946?upload=true.png

I think

:)

MithilSampat, Nov 20, 2018

2. Shut down as soon as I unplug power source

Hi Tesa,

Let us isolate your concern by providing us the following information:

• When you say "as soon as I unplug power source it shuts down", is it still initiating to shut down or it shuts down automatically?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the error message?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the update?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 20, 2018
  3. After a very short power cut I am unable to access desktop

Hi David,

Improper shutting down of the computer or forcefully turning off your device might cause some issue on the system. While the computer is shutting down, the system automatically applies updates and the changes made on the computer.

In your case, there's a possibility that some updates being applied or other system activities have been interrupted by the power cut. Let us sort the issue by answering these questions:

• When you say "power cut", does it mean power outage or the computer was accidentally unplugged from the power source?
    • Are you still able to boot your computer normally?
    • What error messages are you getting?
    • What are you working with before your computer shuts down?
    A screenshot would also help us to identify the issue.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you boot your computer in Safe mode and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

link

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 20, 2018
  4. I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever...

The light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that the light on the power button stays on even after shut down.

We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to various reasons:

• System not properly shut down or might be in sleep mode.

• Power cord connected to the device.

• Change in the settings.
    I would appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• Did you make any recent changes to the settings?

• Does the CPU fan spins after the shutdown?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, (if you are using a laptop).

Unplug the charger from the lap top and check if the issue persists and also try to shut down from the lock screen.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to run Power troubleshooter:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Power.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever...

1. I accidentally unplugged my CPU power supply while my PC was on (improper shut down). Ever... - Similar Threads - accidentally unplugged CPU

2. Accidentally shut down my pc during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally shut down my pc during reset: Hello, I accidentally shut down my pc while resetting it, and now it won't boot. It displays the Dell logo with loading dots and 'preparing' under it, and then I get an error message that states: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...
  3. Accidentally shut down my pc during reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally shut down my pc during reset: Hello, I accidentally shut down my pc while resetting it, and now it won't boot. It displays the Dell logo with loading dots and 'preparing' under it, and then I get an error message that states: "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows...
  4. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down: So a few moments ago my pc was updating to windows 11 but I accidentally powered it off during the update now when i go to turn it on again it shuts off and powers on over and over i cant even see the monitor turn on bc it’s happening so quick is there a way to fix this?...
  5. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down: So a few moments ago my pc was updating to windows 11 but I accidentally powered it off during the update now when i go to turn it on again it shuts off and powers on over and over i cant even see the monitor turn on bc it’s happening so quick is there a way to fix this?...
  6. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  8. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  9. My Pc shut down accidentally while upgrading from Win7 to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Pc shut down accidentally while upgrading from Win7 to Win10: My Pc shut down accidentally while upgrading from Win7 to Win10 after downloaing about 3.5 GB , i was using Wn Media tool i turn the pc on and execute it again but it wanna me do it again so is there any way to resume the upgrade ?...
  10. Power supply running power when I shut down?

in Windows 10 Support
    Power supply running power when I shut down?: I have a Corsair CX750M PSU.. These units remain on even after shutting down my system so, should I flip the switch off when I'm not using it or, is it safe to leave that switch on? Thanks! 110637

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i unplugged my power supply while it was on