Windows 10: I accidentally wrote over my Windows partition with Android

Discus and support I accidentally wrote over my Windows partition with Android in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am kind of at a loss on how to go backwards. I've got important stuff on the Windows partition that I must recover. Prior to loading Android 8 onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Soft_Cold_490, Jan 23, 2023.

1. I accidentally wrote over my Windows partition with Android

I am kind of at a loss on how to go backwards. I've got important stuff on the Windows partition that I must recover.

Prior to loading Android 8 onto my Surface Pro 5 I made a separate partition. Somehow the boot loader didn't see that partition and treated the entire drive as one. This ended up formatting windows off the machine and now all I have is Android.

This mega blows. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am some what tech savvy, even if it's in a bumbly way. Please let me know if this is doable on my own or if I should just hire a pro.

✌️

submitted by /u/Soft_Cold_490
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Soft_Cold_490, Jan 23, 2023
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Jan 23, 2023
  3. Troubleshooting Android 6 screencast to Windows 10

If the Connect app isn't working, try another one. Here is a site with a few suggestions; it also has app descriptions and step-by-step instructions for installation and use. The downloads are also linked on the site.

Suggested ways to cast Android to PC

FredSavage187, Jan 23, 2023
  4. I accidentally wrote over my Windows partition with Android

undo partition shrink

Hi,

If you accidentally shrink the volume of your SSD partition, there is an option to extend the volume as well. To extend the volume of your SSD partition, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard and select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the partition that you want to expand and click Extend Volume.
    • Select the amount of space that you want to extend.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

I accidentally wrote over my Windows partition with Android

1. I accidentally wrote over my Windows partition with Android - Similar Threads - accidentally wrote partition

2. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  3. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted: I was downloading windows 10 to a new ssd on my computer, while I went into bios to boot to the windows I had installed onto the new drive I had got all the way into the download to where you have to see the the partition to download to, I had accidentally deleted my main...
  4. Windows 10 partition accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally deleted a partition on my HDD: So i just upgraded from my HDD to an SSD, and i wanted to just use my HDD for backup, i had my homework there, when i deleted the OS partition from it, i wanted to just connect the unallocated space with the rest with Disk Manager, but i accidentally deleted it instead. I...
  6. I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS

I accidentally format the EFI partition and change it to NTFS: So, as you can see I accidentally format the EFI partition and now my laptop Asus-X441UV is "OS-less". Thankfully I still can access the data via boot menu Linux Mint haven't download for Windows one. What should I do? Thanks and sorry for my carelessness...
  7. Accidentally deleted a full partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted a full partition: As the title says, I accidentally deleted a partition on my disk, which left it all unallocated. I still have access to the system since the affected disk was a secondary one. How can I recover the partition, or at least the data? Nothing has been written to the disk yet...
  8. Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition

Accidentally wiped the windows boot manager partition: Hello, I was trying to fix why my computer wasn't booting after removing a drive and ended up wiping my System partition. I possibly know two steps forward and was wondering which of them to move forward with. 1. Is it possible to create another windows boot manager where...
  9. accidentally deleted a windows partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally deleted a windows partition: Hi i was trying to merge a small partition with a much larger one, ( wish now I hadn’t bothered ) using Easeus partition manager. It warned me that the partition to be added had some problems and would be dangerous to proceed, so I chose cancel, but somehow it deleted the...
  10. Windows 10 + Android dual boot accidentally deactived

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 + Android dual boot accidentally deactived: Hi! Please, somebody help me. I bought an Intel Stick, which came with Windows 10 and Android installed. There was a boot menu to choose which OS to load. But, i accidentally deactived this menu (there was an option "don't show this menu again"....something like that). I have...