Windows 10: I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath"

Discus and support I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After this happened, all my downloads disappeared and weird things started happening.There were apps on my desktop that I had before but they did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steven Urbansky, May 9, 2024.

1. I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath"

After this happened, all my downloads disappeared and weird things started happening.There were apps on my desktop that I had before but they did not show up in the desktop file in file explorer. Does anybody know how to revert the problems caused by deleting ProfileImagePath? This originally started because my desktop disappeared one day and I tried to get it back. I tried doing a system restore but my computer acted like it was born yesterday.

:)

Steven Urbansky, May 9, 2024

2. Deleted ProfileImagePath in Registry Editor, How to recover profile??

Greetings!

I might be a **** for doing this...

Started with a Windows Update that happened...When I turned on my computer it kept "looping" and said could not update.

So I looked up a video that would solve this issue...Told me to go into the Registry Editor and delete files that had the "ProfileImagePath" in it so I did that in a few different folders.

After that Windows 10 reset itself back to default (****).....I spent all night resetting my Desktop Icons and my Internet browsers got deleted too I had to re-do all my Book marks as well....

Shutdown my computer lastnight & this morning turned it back on...Windows 10 put me into a "Temp Profile" and could no access my files.....and went back to default also!!

Is there a why to recover the ProfileImagePath files I deleted?.....Or am I screwed??

Thanks in advance!!!

ultimica06, May 9, 2024
  3. I want to know the default value of the Registry Editor ProfileImagePath file.

Hello

To change the user folder name, you have modified the data in the Registry Editor by logging in in administrator mode.
    I modified some files called ProfileImagePath.
    There seems to be a problem with logging in afterwards.

The file I modified is
    computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    'S-1-5-21-1586969573-1137032964-2843540898-1002'
    'S-1-5-21-1586969573-1137032964-2843540898-1005'
    'S-1-5-21-1586969573-1137032964-2843540898-500'
    ProfileImagePath file in each of the three folders.

I haven't backed up at all, but I want to restore it to the previous value.
    Can I know the data default value of this ProfileImagePath file?

Thank you for reading it.
    I'd appreciate your help.

김 가은, May 9, 2024
  4. DougP73 Win User

I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath"

Deleted ProfileImagePath in Registry Editor, How to recover profile??

Hello,

I have a similar issue to Todd. I deleted the "Profileimagepath" files in the registry and can't log into windows even in safe mode. I tried to reset my password for my Microsoft account, but it still doesn't recognize it.

Also, I tried to do a system restore by getting into the troubleshooting menu by holding down the shift key and clicking restart on the log-in screen, but it said something about not being able to restore because it couldn't find a particular file it needed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

DougP73, May 9, 2024
Thema:

I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath"

1. I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath" - Similar Threads - accidentaly deleted thing

2. I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath": After this happened, all my downloads disappeared and weird things started happening.There were apps on my desktop that I had before but they did not show up in the desktop file in file explorer. Does anybody know how to revert the problems caused by deleting...
  3. I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I accidentaly deleted a thing in registry editor called "ProfileImagePath": After this happened, all my downloads disappeared and weird things started happening.There were apps on my desktop that I had before but they did not show up in the desktop file in file explorer. Does anybody know how to revert the problems caused by deleting...
  4. Mistakenly deleted profileimagepath from registry editor and can no longer log into windows...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Mistakenly deleted profileimagepath from registry editor and can no longer log into windows...: I was trying to install a new version of Windows 10 but the installer kept restarting my pc without applying the update, I googled the problem and was suggested if was a registry issue. Knowing I had changed the registry a long time ago I followed a guide that had people...
  5. Mistakenly deleted profileimagepath from registry editor and can no longer log into windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mistakenly deleted profileimagepath from registry editor and can no longer log into windows...: I was trying to install a new version of Windows 10 but the installer kept restarting my pc without applying the update, I googled the problem and was suggested if was a registry issue. Knowing I had changed the registry a long time ago I followed a guide that had people...
  6. Mistakenly deleted profileimagepath from registry editor and can no longer log into windows...

7. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows DefenderI deleted the end file - Windows DefenderWas that file important? I think it was. Is there a way to get that data back in case something bad happens to my PC for deleting it?Can anyone help me as I don't have a...
  8. I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor

I accidentally deleted a folder in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows DefenderI deleted the end file - Windows DefenderWas that file important? I think it was. Is there a way to get that data back in case something bad happens to my PC for deleting it?Can anyone help me as I don't have a...
  9. Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally delete wrong in the registry editor: Hello, I Accidentally deleted the wrong files in the registry editor instead of deleting files in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers i've deleted in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers Luckily for me i...
  10. I accidentaly deleted sppsvc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I accidentaly deleted sppsvc: I accidentaly deleted sppsvc's folder from the registry, now my note is saying that my windows is not original and I cannot do anything... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentaly-deleted-sppsvc/2e82779a-5006-4a9d-a51e-83147bccb207