Windows 10: I accidently added an old contact to my frequently shared list. I have Win10 Windows Mail,...

Discus and support I accidently added an old contact to my frequently shared list. I have Win10 Windows Mail,... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I didn't see any forum questions regarding my Windows Mail app issue, but apologize if there was one that I missed. I hope to be able to find a remedy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AllisonMacKay1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. I accidently added an old contact to my frequently shared list. I have Win10 Windows Mail,...

I didn't see any forum questions regarding my Windows Mail app issue, but apologize if there was one that I missed. I hope to be able to find a remedy. I tried one related to Deleting shared contacts but that was for Outlook. I don't have MS Office so I only use Office Online, at this time, but I don't want to get into THAT mess! Win10 Updates...GRRRR.

Anyway, here's the problem: I don't see any X when I hover over the contact icon, and nothing happens when I right click on the contact.

It wouldn't surprise me if this futile.

Thank you, either way!

Allison

:)

AllisonMacKay1, Sep 6, 2018

2. Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list....

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

A quick question before proceeding:

What do you mean by ‘Adding photos to Win10 outlook contact list’?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to add photos to the contact list.

1. Go to people app.

2. Right click on contacts

3. Click edit to add photos to the contacts on People app.

Hope the above information helps. Reply if you need more assistance and I'll be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 6, 2018
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Dr.J_949 Win User

I accidently added an old contact to my frequently shared list. I have Win10 Windows Mail,...

Windows 10, Edge Share Contact List

Greetings. My question is: when I'm in Windows Edge and choose to share a web page, the contact list comes up on the right side of my screen with five of my most frequent email contacts to choose from. Recently, one contact email has changed and I'm unable
    to remove and/or change this email address from my share contact list, despite removing/deleting it from my Windows Mail contact list.

Please, if you can, I'd appreciate knowing how to make this change; in this case, eliminating a specific email contact on my Edge Share list.

Thank you,

John

Dr.J_949, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

I accidently added an old contact to my frequently shared list. I have Win10 Windows Mail,...

1. I accidently added an old contact to my frequently shared list. I have Win10 Windows Mail,... - Similar Threads - accidently added old

2. I have successfully created a contact list in Yahoo and added various names, but one...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have successfully created a contact list in Yahoo and added various names, but one...: Can anyone help me with a Yahoo email problem. One of my contacts will not let itself be added to a particular contact list. All other contacts successfully added. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 if that makes any difference....
  3. I have successfully created a contact list in Yahoo and added various names, but one...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have successfully created a contact list in Yahoo and added various names, but one...: Can anyone help me with a Yahoo email problem. One of my contacts will not let itself be added to a particular contact list. All other contacts successfully added. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 if that makes any difference....
  4. I edit a windows mail contact, but the old name info comes up in the suggested address list.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I edit a windows mail contact, but the old name info comes up in the suggested address list.: I have edited a contact name and saved it in the "people" section of windows mail. When I go to send a message and type part of the contacts last name the old, unedited information still comes up. How do I correct thi? It is really unfortunate - as I have tried to delete the...
  5. Windows 10 Mail Contact list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail Contact list: Contacts list from gmail won't import into Windows 10 Mail. Originally tried from old Windows Live Mail, same result. How do I import bulk Contacts??! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-contact-list/7c00f0c6-dfc8-4496-b798-a3e9a19f4885
  6. Adding an incoming email contact on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list

Adding an incoming email contact on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list: Hi there,Every post I have read, showing how easy it is to add an incoming email contact, on Microsoft Mail Windows 10 to my people list,just doesn't work for me.!!!The simple answer is, when I click on the incoming name as advised, first red ring on photo below the resulting...
  7. Adding Contacts to my Windows 10 Mail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding Contacts to my Windows 10 Mail account: I would like to add my contact list from Outlook to my Windows 10 Mail account, Can this be done? I have also tried to add an email address from a sent email but I cannot find the "save" icon on my mail page. Many thanks....
  8. Contact list for Windows 10 mail

Contact list for Windows 10 mail: I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I was using Windows Live Mail with my Windows 7 system but I want to use Windows 10 Mail from now on. I have created an email account under Windows 10 Mail which works. It is an IMAP account. However this account does not...
  9. adding an app to the share list

adding an app to the share list: when I ask Microsoft for instruction on how to do something in windows 10, Microsoft does not give the instruction, but instead posts the question to general public to see if someone out there has the answer. why? It would save time and frustration if Microsoft just...
  10. Why do I have an older list of mail contacts that are different fro my Outlook contacts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I have an older list of mail contacts that are different fro my Outlook contacts?: When I try to send photographs from a website to Outlook, why is there a different list of contacts than my Outlook contacts for email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-an-older-list-of-mail-contacts-that/5d4c8ef2-98fe-4015-b32d-ded863fbd40c