Windows 10: I accidently bought the wrong version of Minecraft. I wanted Java edition.

Discus and support I accidently bought the wrong version of Minecraft. I wanted Java edition. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering if it is possible to get refunds for the windows 10 version of Minecraft. If I can not get a refund, may I exchange it for Java... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TylerRusso, Jan 4, 2021.

1. I accidently bought the wrong version of Minecraft. I wanted Java edition.

I was wondering if it is possible to get refunds for the windows 10 version of Minecraft. If I can not get a refund, may I exchange it for Java Edition?

:)

TylerRusso, Jan 4, 2021

2. Purchased Multiple Copies Of Minecraft Versions, But Need Minecraft - Java Edition.

Hi Debalena,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you have purchased several copies of Minecraft from Mojang, then I suggest you to refer the
    Mojang refunds policy and check their refund policy.

If you want to swap your editions of Minecraft that you have purchased, please
    Contact Mojang Support and they will help you with this.

If you have purchased Minecraft from Microsoft Store, then I suggest you to refer
    Returning items you bought from Microsoft Store for exchange or refund
    and check if you can get a refund.

As you need the Java Edition of Minecraft, you can follow the steps mentioned in
    How do I install Minecraft: Java Edition? and install
    the Java Edition of Minecraft on your computer.

Before purchasing the Java Edition of Minecraft, I suggest you to refer the system requirements for installing the Java Edition of Minecraft from
    Minecraft: Java Edition system requirements.

For reference, you may also refer the Different Minecraft Editions
    to know more about the different versions of Minecraft.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 4, 2021
  3. I Bought Minecraft Several Years ago and Want Windows 10 edition instead of Java

Several years ago I bought Minecraft and not minecraft java or minecraft windows it was just minecraft i havent played on pc for a long time but i got a new pc and i wanted to play minecraft with my friends on xbox but apparently i have java edition and
    not the windows edition I cant seem to find anyone to help me so plz help

Miranda Scott, Jan 4, 2021
  4. I accidently bought the wrong version of Minecraft. I wanted Java edition.

Bought the wrong version of Minecraft

A while back, I decided to buy Minecraft on this computer. However, I accidentaly ordered the Windows 10 version instead of the Java edition. Would it be possible for me to trade in my current version for Java edition?

Leyton Clark, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

I accidently bought the wrong version of Minecraft. I wanted Java edition.

1. I accidently bought the wrong version of Minecraft. I wanted Java edition. - Similar Threads - accidently bought wrong

2. I bought Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition, but I can't play the Java Edition. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition, but I can't play the Java Edition. Why?: I recently bought Minecraft Java & Bedrock Edition from the Microsoft store through the Minecraft launcher, and Bedrock works fine, but I am not able to access, or play the full game of Minecraft: Java Edition on my account. It still shows the "Buy Now" button, and when I...
  3. I bought Minecraft Java Edition and it says I didn't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft Java Edition and it says I didn't: Today i bought minecraft from minecraft.net for my PC but its saying i didnt and need to buy it again. I was fully charged and downloaded launcher but it shows to buy it i tried diffrent accounts but i didnt work, tried reinstaling launcher and it did nothing at this point i...
  4. I never bought Minecraft Java edition.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I never bought Minecraft Java edition.: Why when I try to buy Minecraft Java Edition it says I already own it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-bought-minecraft-java-edition/5df00239-ed40-4027-932f-3bb5d85aff67
  5. I never bought Minecraft Java edition.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I never bought Minecraft Java edition.: Why when I try to buy Minecraft Java Edition it says I already own it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-bought-minecraft-java-edition/5df00239-ed40-4027-932f-3bb5d85aff67
  6. I bought Minecraft Java Edition and it says I didn't

I bought Minecraft Java Edition and it says I didn't: I bought minecraft on my pc for my PC and it is saying that I still need to buy it even though I was already fully charged for it and the launcher was downloaded. When I open the game it only gives me the demo option and the ability to purchase it again. What happened? I am...
  7. I accidently bought the wrong version of minecraft windows instead of java and now I can...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I accidently bought the wrong version of minecraft windows instead of java and now I can...: It happened less than one hour ago, I bought the windows version of minecraft because I use windows I said to myself but it turned to be a silly mistake of my part because all of my friends are playing the java version. I immediately tried to open a refund request but I could...
  8. I accidently bought the wrong version of minecraft windows instead of java and now I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently bought the wrong version of minecraft windows instead of java and now I can...: It happened less than one hour ago, I bought the windows version of minecraft because I use windows I said to myself but it turned to be a silly mistake of my part because all of my friends are playing the java version. I immediately tried to open a refund request but I could...
  9. I accidently bought the wrong version of minecraft windows instead of java and now I can...

10. Bought Minecraft Windows 10 Version, wanted the Java Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought Minecraft Windows 10 Version, wanted the Java Version: Hello Microsoft! I accidently bought the Minecraft Windows 10 Version, just to find out that I need the Java Version to play with friends of mine. I tried to go over the Refund process, but it didnt gave me any option of doing so. If possible, I would like the versions...