Windows 10: I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

Discus and support I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidently made the video folder my gameDVR capture folder and cant change it now, how do i fix this? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GTAKatz, Apr 2, 2023.

1. GTAKatz Win User

I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

I accidently made the video folder my gameDVR capture folder and cant change it now, how do i fix this? Thank you.

:)

GTAKatz, Apr 2, 2023

2. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Apr 2, 2023
  3. Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Hi, I followed your steps but the captures are still saved in my video folder, now located in C:\Users\\Videos. How could I change the capture save location to C:\Users\\Videos\Captures? Thanks for the help.

Superkman23, Apr 2, 2023
  4. jianken Win User

I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

Changed location of captured video

Hi,

I wanted to change the location of captured video via GAME DVR so it doesnt use up my SSD. Unfortunately, I right clicked on the captured folder, and selected a wrong location. Now I don't see the location option anymore on the captured folder.

I just want to store the captured videos on the harddrive instead of SSD.

Please advise.

Thanks

jianken, Apr 2, 2023
Thema:

1. I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture... - Similar Threads - accidently changed capture

2. I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently changed my capture save location to just the videos folder and not the capture...: I accidently made the video folder my gameDVR capture folder and cant change it now, how do i fix this? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-changed-my-capture-save-location-to/f3d38124-4170-463d-abcf-c0c6d9fae53f
  3. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  4. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  5. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How to save my captures to a different location

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save my captures to a different location: The default is set to a Temp folder in the os drive so whatever i do. Another temp folder is made https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-my-captures-to-a-different-location/2d673a43-94b2-4bd1-a213-e9c25e79b018
  7. Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello: [ATTACH] I was trying to save space off my SDD so I decided to move my Captures folder to D: so, I pressed properties and then elected location, then move and chose D: ,when i changed location i can't find captures floder in C: as shown above I opened D and the screen...
  8. Changing the location of Xbox captures

Changing the location of Xbox captures: So I wanted to change the location of my captures folder to somewhere else and accidentally changed it to "C:\Users\<username>\Videos". So I lost the "C:\Users\<username>\Videos\Captures" folder and can't relocate it anymore because of that. My captures go straight into...
  9. video capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video capture: hello, im trying to capture some game footage when i play and every time i got back to watch the videos i just shows a screen shot of when i 1st hit alt windows G and has audio but it doesnt play the actual footage that i was originally trying to capture. i was wonder if you...
  10. Delete Videos>Captures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Videos>Captures Folder: Hi, I can manually delete folders like captures in video but after a restart the folder is created again automatically by Windows. How can I delete it permanently so it won't create it again? Thanks. 114727