Windows 10: I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid

Discus and support I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I accidently changed my date of birth to 2015. My account is now detected as a 6 y.o. so it seems my account is under parental control. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Hervé Robidoux, Dec 11, 2022.

1. I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid

I accidently changed my date of birth to 2015. My account is now detected as a 6 y.o. so it seems my account is under parental control. I tried to changed the date but as I am now detected as a child, it seems to be not feasable. I also tried to add a adult family member to have it as the organizer, but I can't find the option to add a faily member. Please help me!

:)

Hervé Robidoux, Dec 11, 2022

2. Change my date of birth on microsoft profile

Hi Alex,

To change the date of birth on your Microsoft Account, you can follow the steps below:

• Sign in to
      Your info
      on the Microsoft account website.
    • Click Edit your personal info.
    • Select the correct date of birth, and then select Save.

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions that regulate what children can do online. You can check this
    link for more information.

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, Dec 11, 2022
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Wrong date of birth entered on set up.

Hi Martyn,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with following information.

• When you say ‘Age/date of birth question on setup’, are you talking about the age/date of birth information requested while setting up a Microsoft account?

If you’re talking about the date of birth associated with your Microsoft account, you may try the steps listed in the article
    How to change a birthdate on a Microsoft account, to change the same.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 11, 2022
  4. I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid

change date of birth on Microsoft account

I am trying to help my dad who cannot access his email because his profile date of birth has him listed as a child. His date of birth cannot be changed because he is the only user and does not have a "parent" to change his data. His name and other information can be changed but his date of birth is the only thing he cannot change. He is now concerned that he will have to set up a whole new account and loose all his emails. I can't find any information that is helpful.

Michelle Sayers, Dec 11, 2022
Thema:

I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid

1. I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid - Similar Threads - accidently changed date

2. change birth date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change birth date: How do I change my birth date on my microsoft account? It thinks I am a minor I am 65! but it won't let me edit my profile. Thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-birth-date/d4ce2595-6aeb-4e16-b555-029fe8183f9b
  3. Change date of birth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change date of birth: I mistakenly entered my son’s date of birth instead of my own. How do I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-date-of-birth/86ed0919-0699-4f55-9f32-67a43aaa9b26
  4. How do I change my date of birth? I'm a parent and it was accidently set to child while...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change my date of birth? I'm a parent and it was accidently set to child while...: I accidentally set my account as a child not a parent. I can not even open a browser. I've had this email for 18 years. My brother had tried to help me set up the XBOX for my 8 year old son. The DOB was put in incorrectly. How can i fix this....
  5. How do I change my date of birth? I'm a parent and it was accidently set to child while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change my date of birth? I'm a parent and it was accidently set to child while...: I accidentally set my account as a child not a parent. I can not even open a browser. I've had this email for 18 years. My brother had tried to help me set up the XBOX for my 8 year old son. The DOB was put in incorrectly. How can i fix this....
  6. How do I change my date of birth? I'm a parent and it was accidently set to child while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid: I accidently changed my date of birth to 2015. My account is now detected as a 6 y.o. so it seems my account is under parental control. I tried to changed the date but as I am now detected as a child, it seems to be not feasable. I also tried to add a adult family member to...
  8. I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidently changed my date of birth and I'm now a kid: I accidently changed my date of birth to 2015. My account is now detected as a 6 y.o. so it seems my account is under parental control. I tried to changed the date but as I am now detected as a child, it seems to be not feasable. I also tried to add a adult family member to...
  9. Change of birth date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change of birth date: Hello i would like to change my birthdate but i am unable to. I would like to set it from 10/10 2008 to 10/10 2000.But because of some problems i cannot change it therefore i need your help. Thanks.I wanted to play minecraft multiplayer but because of the privacy settings i...
  10. Date of birth change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date of birth change: Some how my date of birth has changed to my sons and it isn’t allowing to change it back to mine, meaning I have very restricted use of my account, I need this sorted asap...