Windows 10: I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP!

Discus and support I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP! in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Yesterday I deleted windows app folder and now the Microsoft store is keep crashing instantly after opening . All those app related to Microsoft store... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SunnyAcharya1, Nov 12, 2020.

1. I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP!

Yesterday I deleted windows app folder and now the Microsoft store is keep crashing instantly after opening . All those app related to Microsoft store is not opening as well if you guys have any fix please let me know!

THANKYOU!

:)

SunnyAcharya1, Nov 12, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP! ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Nov 12, 2020
  4. I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP!

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP! :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP! :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP!

1. I accidently deleted the windows app folder and now Microsoft store is not opening HELP! - Similar Threads - accidently deleted app

2. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidently deleted Microsoft folder: So in my roaming files i thought it said "minecraft" so i was deleting files in it till i realized it said "Microsoft". after i deleted the files when i hover over apps on my desktop they go black and my shortcuts on my task bar just dont work and all my apps and websites i...
  3. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently deleted Microsoft folder: So in my roaming files i thought it said "minecraft" so i was deleting files in it till i realized it said "Microsoft". after i deleted the files when i hover over apps on my desktop they go black and my shortcuts on my task bar just dont work and all my apps and websites i...
  4. Accidently deleted Microsoft folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help! I accidently deleted everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I accidently deleted everything: I accidently deleted something in Registry Editor and now everything's gone. I restarted my pc and my window button is gone and I cannot open the setting at all.The only thing I could open is Microsoft Edge but I can't open anything since I cannot connect to a WiFi my WiFi...
  6. Help! I accidently deleted everything

Help! I accidently deleted everything: I accidently deleted something in Registry Editor and now everything's gone. I restarted my pc and my window button is gone and I cannot open the setting at all.The only thing I could open is Microsoft Edge but I can't open anything since I cannot connect to a WiFi my WiFi...
  7. I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store: Hello,I went to check the prices of the app, and when I clicked, it completed the purchase with the associated card. Could you please let me know how to get a refund?...
  8. I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store

I accidently purchase an App in Microsoft Store: Hello,I went to check the prices of the app, and when I clicked, it completed the purchase with the associated card. Could you please let me know how to get a refund?...
  9. accidently deleted the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    accidently deleted the microsoft store: I have an windows 10 home intel processor n3540 15.6" diagonol hd display HP laptop it is 2yrs old all serivices an software is up todate daily! issue having is i no longer see the microsoft store no longer in the taskbar tray next to the windows tab on my desktop...
  10. Help deleting apps in microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Help deleting apps in microsoft store: Please help, how do i get rid of apps in the microsoft store? Theres a bunch that arent even on my laptop anymore and all i can find is the hide option, please help....