Windows 10: I Accidently deleted windows 10 operating system from dual boot, but it's files are still...

Discus and support I Accidently deleted windows 10 operating system from dual boot, but it's files are still... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, I deleted a windows operating system from dual boot msconfig but it's file are still there, can i recover it back to the system? Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Farhan Shaikh_Official, Jan 21, 2021.

1. I Accidently deleted windows 10 operating system from dual boot, but it's files are still...

Yesterday, I deleted a windows operating system from dual boot msconfig but it's file are still there, can i recover it back to the system? Please help me

:)

Farhan Shaikh_Official, Jan 21, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Jan 21, 2021
  3. XweAponX Win User
    XweAponX, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Asylum Win User

I Accidently deleted windows 10 operating system from dual boot, but it's files are still...

Dual boot between operating systems while remotely connected

Hi guys,

I recently installed Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 Pro on my server and was looking for a way to swap between

both operating systems while remotely connected.

I was researching setting up a batch file to do the job when I came across a simple program that will do the job easily.

The program is free, has no adware and works like a boss.

Feel free to give it a try if your looking for a easy to use program for dual booting remotely.

iReboot

Forgot to say, if you didn't read the install instructions, install on both operating systems so you can easily swap between the two.

Asylum, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

I Accidently deleted windows 10 operating system from dual boot, but it's files are still...

1. I Accidently deleted windows 10 operating system from dual boot, but it's files are still... - Similar Threads - Accidently deleted operating

2. Creating dual boot of two Windows operating systems.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creating dual boot of two Windows operating systems.: Hey, I am using Windows 10 home single language 64 bit which is activated by an OEM key. I am planning to create a dual boot of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I have the license key for Windows 8.1. My question is that Will it affect my activation? In future if I uninstall...
  3. Operating system from SSD deletion.?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating system from SSD deletion.?: Good evening, my hooligans, Yesterday I finally retired my HDD and got a Crucial MX500 for the operating system and a Crucial P1 NVME for everything else, now I cloned my HDD on the P1 and installed a new Windows on the MX500, how can I delete my old Windows from the P1...
  4. Dual operating systems.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual operating systems.: Hi there, is it possible to have two windows 10 operating systems installed on the same drive that operate independently from each other? The aim here is to be able to do a pc reset on one operating system whilst leaving the other untouched. This has got nothing to do with...
  5. Help trying to Delete an OS from dual boot system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help trying to Delete an OS from dual boot system.: Thanks for you help. Please read the entire post before helping, as the items show below are inter-related. My system had been dual booted from Win 7 since the first version of Win 10 came out. I've been having may boot problems since installing v1903 this is what I think...
  6. Delete the first windows 10 system from a dual system?

Delete the first windows 10 system from a dual system?: Hi I have a dell xps 15, it used to have only one HDD so the whole win10 system (let's call it sys1) is on it. I recently bought a m.2 SSD and added it to the laptop. I installed a new win10 (sys2) on the SSD, so now I have a dual system on my computer (on separate drive)....
  7. adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system

adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system: I'd like to add Windows 10 (USB home version) as dual boot operating system. Simple reason is because I'm using software (Vista sp2) that doesn't offer driver support for M-audio devices (Firewire 1814) in conjunction with ProTools for Win 10; and still need to use it....
  8. Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot

Missing Operating System - Windows 10 and Fedora 28 Dual Boot: I tried dual booting Fedora and Windows 10. While installation I think I messed something up and maybe formatted my boot partition which I was sure I did not but maybe I did accidentally. So because of that, whenever I start my computer I get the "Missing Operating...
  9. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...
  10. Delete Windows 10 Dual boot.

Delete Windows 10 Dual boot.: If you have the System Reserved partition. Just DELETE the Windows 10 partition. [img] Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 8 - Delete Windows 7 Dual Boot Windows 7 and Windows 8 - Delete Windows 8 [img] [img] I used Paragon 15 BETA to resize the OS...