Windows 10: I accidently got a free windows upgrade how do I downgrade

Discus and support I accidently got a free windows upgrade how do I downgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So about a few months ago I upgraded my ram in my laptop for school so I can multitask. Windows did what windows does and asked for my product key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Noah_05, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Noah_05 Win User

I accidently got a free windows upgrade how do I downgrade

So about a few months ago I upgraded my ram in my laptop for school so I can multitask. Windows did what windows does and asked for my product key after the upgrade so I get the one off the bottom of the laptop Windows 10 Home. Windows said it had to update so I let it do its thing and now I have Windows 10 enterprise. how do I downgrade back to windows 10 home. I want to know because I feel wrong accidently getting this for free.

:)

Noah_05, Sep 15, 2020
  2. karel Win User

Downgrading from a pirated Windows OS

You've already mangled your existing operating system by upgrading to a pirated version of Windows 10. Use your Windows 8.1 disk to do a new installation of your original Windows 8.1 operating system. If you have saved the product key from your original Windows 8.1 operating system, then use that product key again to install Windows 8.1.

You can downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8, by following the instructions in the answers to this question: How can I downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 8?. Why not downgrade the pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8 instead and then change the product key and upgrade legally back to Windows 10? There are two reasons for not doing it this way:

1. Your new Windows 10 can inherit problems from the pirated version of Windows 10.
    2. It's a two-step process to install Windows 8.1 and upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a four-step cumulative history: Windows 8.1 -> pirated Windows 10 -> downgrade pirated Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 -> upgrade to Windows 10. Even though the two-step method doesn't save any time, it still eliminates two unnecessary steps.

karel, Sep 15, 2020
  3. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Sep 15, 2020
  4. I accidently got a free windows upgrade how do I downgrade

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

I accidently got a free windows upgrade how do I downgrade

1. I accidently got a free windows upgrade how do I downgrade - Similar Threads - accidently got free

2. how do I upgrade to windows 11 free from 8.1 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upgrade to windows 11 free from 8.1 ?: I just want to know how to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-free-from-81/3445a819-03f7-49ed-9aaa-c572a1b6cc8b
  3. how do I upgrade to windows 11 free from 8.1 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I upgrade to windows 11 free from 8.1 ?: I just want to know how to upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-free-from-81/3445a819-03f7-49ed-9aaa-c572a1b6cc8b
  4. [help] how do i downgrade windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    [help] how do i downgrade windows?: I want to downgrade windows but don't know how, the button to go to a previous build isn't clickable anymore.I'm on version 20H2 and want to downgrade to 1703. Please help me because i bought forza horizon 4 for 90$ and i can't play it...
  5. How do I downgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I downgrade.: Hi i have windows enterprise not activated an I want to down grade to windows pro when I enter the activation code it does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-downgrade/bfb02610-be38-4652-b2e2-a5fe940c8f6d
  6. How do I reactivate Windows 10 after a MOBO change if I originally got it from a free upgrade?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I reactivate Windows 10 after a MOBO change if I originally got it from a free upgrade?: Hello there. There's no real need to explain much more than the title but this weekend I will be upgrading my motherboard and CPU but I didn't consider how I would be reactivating windows. The copy I'm using currently I got through the free upgrade offered a while backI'm...
  7. How do I find my Key for a Free upgrade i got years back :

How do I find my Key for a Free upgrade i got years back :: I had windows 7 pro, got the free upgrade years back .. recently upgraded my computer and never got a serial key.. so it says my Version if not activated.. How do i reactivate or get my serial key? So I bought another Windows 10 pro, but would like to have my other one for a...
  8. i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info": i accidently got infected by this adware "Usinesmycete.info" and the windows defender cant detect it, so i just blocked it on google chome, am i safe now or these things keep running on background?...
  9. how do i upgrade from window 7 to 10 for free?

how do i upgrade from window 7 to 10 for free?: how do i up great from window 7 to 10 for free??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to/ee766320-347d-46e3-b254-f8b7d1d5874a
  10. How do i upgrade my ram for free

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i upgrade my ram for free: like i can convert my hard space to ram i have 200gb of hard space or like i program that can help me boost my ram i have 2gb of ram becouse i need to play video games...