Windows 10: I activated bitlocker and i can not type the password

Discus and support I activated bitlocker and i can not type the password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello i wanted to activate BitLocker and i didnt have that Trusted Module, i activated the Require Authentification on Startup option, set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by robertstaiculescu, Jan 8, 2019.

1. I activated bitlocker and i can not type the password

Hello i wanted to activate BitLocker and i didnt have that Trusted Module, i activated the Require Authentification on Startup option, set up a password and restarted my computer.After that the bpue screen where i needed to enter my password showed up and i could not type. I tried unplugging and plugging my keyboard(Razer Black Widow X) but nothing.What can i do to enter that password and recover my files?

:)

robertstaiculescu, Jan 8, 2019

2. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

I activated bitlocker and i can not type the password

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

I activated bitlocker and i can not type the password

1. I activated bitlocker and i can not type the password - Similar Threads - activated bitlocker type

2. I forgot my bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I forgot my bitlocker password: unfortunately, I don't have a recovery key. I'm unable to access my encrypted data and I'm worried about losing important files. Please help me explore possible solutions or recovery options. I'm willing to work with your team to find a solution. Thank you for your...
  3. I forgot my bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I forgot my bitlocker password: unfortunately, I don't have a recovery key. I'm unable to access my encrypted data and I'm worried about losing important files. Please help me explore possible solutions or recovery options. I'm willing to work with your team to find a solution. Thank you for your...
  4. can not type password at login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not type password at login: Since a recent update not all keys work on my keyboard so I can not type my log in password. A and e show as á and é and certain keys like m don't work at all. The language settings show ENG US & UK but switching makes no difference. I can not click on the power button on log...
  5. Pre-boot BitLocker password typing affected by TPM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pre-boot BitLocker password typing affected by TPM?: I wish I encountered normal problems, but no. I expect this will be another one that no one can explain... I have been using my Win10 system for well over a year now. I only just enabled the TPM in the BIOS, to check if my system is Win11 compatible (it is). My BIOS version...
  6. I cannot type a password to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot type a password to login: I cannot type a password to login. The box automatically fill with dots. Go to into tools for trouble shooting if I select an option is does take. If I use a prompt is will not take or automatically fills with equals signs. I cannot get in to control panel because I cannot...
  7. Can I use BitLocker without activating Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use BitLocker without activating Windows?: I use Home and I'm wanting to encrypt my disk. I don't have money to buy Pro and eBay keys are shady for me to trust. submitted by /u/complexramification [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ht93f1/can_i_use_bitlocker_without_activating_windows/
  8. How to fix the researching taskbar ??? I can not type the words in this but I can type it...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix the researching taskbar ??? I can not type the words in this but I can type it...: [IMG]Here is this i have tested a lots time to type it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-the-researching-taskbar-i-can-not-type/3ba19f0a-b70e-4e59-b031-0a2bb8b13638
  9. Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't type in pin box. Have restarted . Still can't Password I can type in: I just received my new HP laptop. When I signed in it was difficult to type in pin. I finally got it in and used it once. Now I can't sign in with it. Have to use my password. I would rather have no password or pin as this is my home computer and never leaves my home. Brand...
  10. Can I use programs from password bitlocker encrpyted drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I use programs from password bitlocker encrpyted drive?: Hello, I have encrypted my main system drive with bitlocker and while encrypting my second Data drive, it asked me if I want to automatically unlock it when system starts or use a password, I rather have used a password, but the thing is I keep some programs and games...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if I change keyboard will bitlocker activate

2. could not type alphabets in the bit locker screen