Windows 10: I activated windows and i had problems with the font. I used clear type, but apparently it...

Discus and support I activated windows and i had problems with the font. I used clear type, but apparently it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BeefNuggetScientist2 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BeefNuggetScientist2, Sep 8, 2020.

1. I activated windows and i had problems with the font. I used clear type, but apparently it...

/u/BeefNuggetScientist2, Sep 8, 2020

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 8, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Sep 8, 2020
  4. I activated windows and i had problems with the font. I used clear type, but apparently it...

Installing fonts in Windows 10 problems continue

Yes, I was able to see exactly what you are describing. Not only did I see that box shown in your graphic example, but I also was given the option of not installing or overwriting existing fonts or to overwrite and install each one of them to replace was
    already in the font file found in the Control section. With one file alone, observed the computer to install in excess of 3,000 fonts and at the completion of the process, the total font count at the bottom of the page still was reading 1,800 (rounded total).

Not only did I refresh the page, I even shut off the computer and kept the computer off to do a cold start fifteen minutes later, just to clarify that I did not do a restart versus a cold start. Even after fifteen minutes of being off and doing a cold start,
    the font list in the Control section still reflected only 1,800 (rounded total) fonts.

I did activate Word and looked at the font list available there and apparently they are being recognized by Word as existing and accessible to use with Word.

So apparently the problem is being able to observe Open type fonts or any other type of font other than True type or Clear type fonts in the file explorer under Windows 10. I am a strong advocate of ALL FILES being observable on my computer and that there
    are NO FILES that are hidden "to protect me from myself".

I also wonder if I have added duplicate fonts into the list that is causing some sort of chink in the system? That should not be the case at all, but I have known of a wide range of glitches that occur with each new Windows operating system, so I can't rule
    that out.

BruceF_8432, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

I activated windows and i had problems with the font. I used clear type, but apparently it...

1. I activated windows and i had problems with the font. I used clear type, but apparently it... - Similar Threads - activated problems font

2. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate: I have a device that was working and fully activated but the disk corrupted and Windows was not able to repair it. I have made no hardware changes, the only thing I have done is boot from a USB to a disk from an old machine. Having rebuilt initially with the wrong version of...
  3. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate: I have a device that was working and fully activated but the disk corrupted and Windows was not able to repair it. I have made no hardware changes, the only thing I have done is boot from a USB to a disk from an old machine. Having rebuilt initially with the wrong version of...
  4. I have had a corrupted mbr and had to reinstall windows, not it says I cannot activate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I had a problem with windows search highlights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a problem with windows search highlights: At the beginning they work perfectly then when I log in to Microsoft account on Windows they disappear and after several tries I made a new user without Microsoft account, but it worked, so anyone can help me why when I use my Microsoft account the windows search highlights...
  6. i have problem with the font

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have problem with the font: here it is [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-the-font/09c44216-9412-493b-b65c-6289a7ab96c3
  7. Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Fonts De-Uglification Clear type text enhancer: Hi there Nothing to do with incorrect video driver but after latest update some of my Windows texts were looking horribly jagged etc. However this might be a good suggestion for people having similar issues --there's a built in text enhancer type Clear Type on your menu...
  8. I want to change the font TYPE ...I should be able to

I want to change the font TYPE ...I should be able to: Ok I know you can change the font type by editing the registry. I dont want to do that. Why do we not have that ability to change the font type? Its my machine not MS. The way MS has put "Chains" on what you can and cannot do it stupid. So, I want to change my font type....
  9. I need the "Activate Windows" cleared

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need the "Activate Windows" cleared: I need the "Activate Windows" cleared on my Windows 10 program. I had the free online upgrade a couple years ago and everything has been fine, until now, and I have that "Activate Windows" "Go to Settings to activate Windows" popup....
  10. Clear Type problem.

Clear Type problem.: Sometimes, when my PC restarts, I lost all my settings about Clear Type. It's on default.And if I go in Clear Type settings, nothing change when I tick and untick the Clear Type toggle. Then, suddenly, after some PC restarts in different days, it works again properly. I...