Windows 10: I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...

Discus and support I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format I have problem when I restart or turn off the screen still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by saif97, Aug 8, 2022.

1. saif97 Win User

I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...

I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format I have problem when I restart or turn off the screen still black and pc turn on . the issue applied when complete format and required restart the pc still frieze . but when I open pc from turn on button is normal and windows boot from ssd hard drive . think you for help me

:)

saif97, Aug 8, 2022

2. SSD Drive as Boot Drive and HDD Drive as Storage, how do I do it?

Recently, I have discovered an old Kingston 120gb SSD Drive in my drawers. I own a Lenovo laptop with a HDD Caddy with a 1 Tb hard drive in the bay and the SSD installed internally inside the computer. My computer runs with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

My question is; How would I configure my SSD so that it will be the boot drive, and the HDD in the Caddy as the Storage drive? Since 120gb of space in the SSD ain't exactly 'much'.

northerngames, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Confused about hard drives: HDD and SSD

Browsing through the Microsoft Store for a new pc, I see various hard drives listed, such as:

16GB eMMC

32GB eMMC

500GB 5400 RPM HDD

2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz

32GB SSD [?]

64GB SSD

I understand that solid state drives are good, though expensive. What I don't understand is what size of an SSD would be the equivalent of, say, a terabyte HD? It seems that 64GB is the largest SSD offered here. What size HDD would equal that capacity?

And, BTW, what is an eMMC?

Grandpa Jim, Aug 8, 2022
  4. I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...

HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi!

I recently bought Lenovo Z50 which came with a regular HDD. I had a spare SSD drive from an older laptop so I cloned the OS that came with Z50 to it and then did a clean install with installation media. Everything went well and the system is running very
    smoothly on the SSD.

The problem is that I can't get the regular HDD that came with new laptop running if I boot from the SSD. Regular HDD is in a HDD caddy that I used to replace my DVD-drive. HDD in the caddy shows up in device management as an other device, not as a hard
    drive and it's not showing up in the disk management. Is there a way to clean this drive without OS? Would it help? I have everything backed up on an external hard drive so it's okay if I lose the data. That's what I want actually.

If I boot from the regular HDD in the caddy the original OS starts up just fine and even the SSD shows up in the disk management. If I swap the SSD to the caddy and put the HDD inside the laptop I can boot from the HDD but not from the SSD...

What should I do to get the OS running on the 128 MB SSD so that i could use the regular 1 TB HDD also to store everything i need?

AapoOinonen, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...

1. I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format... - Similar Threads - add SSD hard

2. I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...: I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format I have problem when I restart or turn off the screen still black and pc turn on . the issue appeared when complete format and required restart the pc still frieze . but when I open pc...
  3. I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format...: I add SSD hard drive and old HDD hard drive put it on caddy Tray Adapter and made format I have problem when I restart or turn off the screen still black and pc turn on . the issue applied when complete format and required restart the pc still frieze . but when I open pc from...
  4. Hard drive in caddy set up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive in caddy set up: I have put my hard drive from my win 10 desktop now dead into a caddy and it is recognised as a drive "E" on my new desktop. Everything is on there but do in need to retain Windows 10 on it? surely I can delete that? Files that perhaps I do not need to retain are :- Intel,...
  5. format old hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    format old hard drive: Do i have to format old hard drive to install windows 10 from cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-old-hard-drive/78cd15c3-9d15-41fe-b88a-590b61a502ec
  6. Formating a hard drive.

Formating a hard drive.: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  7. Formating Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Formating Hard Drives: I want to format my Intel hard drive so I can have a clean reinstall of Windows 10 but I can't format it because the drive I am trying to format is where Windows 10 is and I am using Windows 10 to try to format it. I have looked up every possible way to do this but I still...
  8. Format hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Format hard drive: I cannot do updates because I am out of disk space but I cannot figure out how to free up disk space. I've deleted all unneeded program files and want to just reformat the hard drive. The option to reformat is grayed out, however. Sometimes the laptop will give me a gray...
  9. external hard drive caddy

external hard drive caddy: I bought a caddy or enclosure for my older but good internal drive to make an external drive for storage. It seems to be OK after I formatted it. However there is a system reserved under it in explorer. Do I do anything with this system reserved? Will it affect my Macrium...
  10. hard drive caddy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    hard drive caddy: Can anyone recommend a reliable easy to use hard drive caddy for sata hard drives 123448