Windows 10: I added a 3rd monitor without a speaker and now cannot hear participants in Teams

Discus and support I added a 3rd monitor without a speaker and now cannot hear participants in Teams in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried all sound settings and have not found where to disable the monitor without speakers as the output. Where can I find the setting?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HillarySich, Dec 31, 2019.

1. I added a 3rd monitor without a speaker and now cannot hear participants in Teams

I have tried all sound settings and have not found where to disable the monitor without speakers as the output. Where can I find the setting?

:)

HillarySich, Dec 31, 2019

2. Cortana can't hear me

Hi Isidora,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to go through the below methods and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you enable settings in the Playback Devices and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the speaker icon on your taskbar.
    • Select Playback Devices.
    • Click on the Playback Devices and right click on the
      Speakers/Headphones.
    • Check mark on the Show Disabled Devices and
      Show Disconnected Devices.
    If the issue persists the follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on Cortana can't hear me and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows-10/cortana-cant-hear-me

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Cortana & search.

Check if it helps.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Cortana adding more than one favourite sports teams

I have added one football team in Cortana but when I try to add others it simply will not show any suggestions when I type in a name. There is one team that is listed (Burnley), however, this is not the relevant.

Jason Masih, Dec 31, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

I added a 3rd monitor without a speaker and now cannot hear participants in Teams

Adding external speakers

Depending on the built in sound device on the MB. Some support 2.1/5.1/7.1 and also optical audio out. Just plug in the cable that comes with the speaker to it then switch the sound output for the speaker.
    1. Sound input to speakers
    2. Some high end speakers support digital sound then you would use an optical cable.
    3. Sound input to TV using HDMI cable

I added a 3rd monitor without a speaker and now cannot hear participants in Teams [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

I added a 3rd monitor without a speaker and now cannot hear participants in Teams

1. I added a 3rd monitor without a speaker and now cannot hear participants in Teams - Similar Threads - added 3rd monitor

2. New Teams Client creates black screen on 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Teams Client creates black screen on 3rd monitor: I have a 3-screen setup with a docking station that has worked for the past 2 years. I have used the old team's client with no issues. I recently updated to the new Teams desktop client interface, and I have found a bug. When the team's client is maximised on the 3rd screen,...
  3. New Teams Client creates black screen on 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Teams Client creates black screen on 3rd monitor: I have a 3-screen setup with a docking station that has worked for the past 2 years. I have used the old team's client with no issues. I recently updated to the new Teams desktop client interface, and I have found a bug. When the team's client is maximised on the 3rd screen,...
  4. When using ZOOM I can see and hear participants but they cannot see me though sometimes...

When using ZOOM I can see and hear participants but they cannot see me though sometimes...: Split from this thread.I just purchased a Dell Desk Top with Windows 11. When using ZOOM I can see and hear participants but they cannot see me though sometimes they are able to hear me. What is the problem?...
  5. Cannot hear input audio in speaker or headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot hear input audio in speaker or headset: HelloI have connected 2 different audio input devices in turn both by USB cable and 3.5 jack line in.In the sound settings windows tab I have correctly selected the input device and I can see the volume bar indicator showing it is receiving the audioas it moves up and down...
  6. Cannot hear input audio in speaker or headset

Cannot hear input audio in speaker or headset: HelloI have connected 2 different audio input devices in turn both by USB cable and 3.5 jack line in.In the sound settings windows tab I have correctly selected the input device and I can see the volume bar indicator showing it is receiving the audioas it moves up and down...
  7. Listening to Spotify whilst participating in a teams call?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Listening to Spotify whilst participating in a teams call?: I have online classes, and i really miss my music, so how can i play spotify simultaneous with teams? Of course with the same audio output? submitted by /u/lynet_101 [link] [comments]...
  8. Cannot Extend to a 3rd Monitor - Doesn't Detect the Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot Extend to a 3rd Monitor - Doesn't Detect the Monitor: I have a Windows 10 64 bit system. I have a Nividia Control Panel and tried to get the monitor to detect there, but it does not. It works but it duplicates, not extends. I gather I need something called an extender rather than a splitter. But I have no clue what type of...
  9. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...
  10. Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a third monitor - 3rd monitor not detected: Hi there I was kindly given a monitor from a friend which is nice. Why have two when you have three right? I connected the third monitor fine using an iSolem HMDI splitter I bought from Amazon and it worked first time, however the display detects the displays as 1 2 2 and...