Windows 10: I added a new device on to my Office account but it seems to have replaced another without...

Discus and support I added a new device on to my Office account but it seems to have replaced another without... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got a new Surface Pro 7 and when I went to add this device to my pre-existing Microsoft Office account, it replaced a product I didn't want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChloeOrchard, Jan 9, 2021.

1. I added a new device on to my Office account but it seems to have replaced another without...

I recently got a new Surface Pro 7 and when I went to add this device to my pre-existing Microsoft Office account, it replaced a product I didn't want it to. Why did this happen?

How can I fix this? Is there a way to backtrack and get the older device back?

I hadn't chosen an option to replace a device, just to add a new one.

Thanks!

:)

ChloeOrchard, Jan 9, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 9, 2021
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 9, 2021
  4. scopio Win User

I added a new device on to my Office account but it seems to have replaced another without...

Office 365 Outlook email accounts

The reason I am asking these questions are that two individuals are buying two new laptops and would like to share one Microsoft Office 365 Personal.
    A has a subscription to Microsoft Office 365 Personal already and wants to share the same account with B.
    I have installed Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc B and when launching Outlook all my email accounts from A were loaded. So, I cannot figure out how to install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded.
    This raises more questions for me.
    1. So this
      • User A installs and activates O365 on User B's laptop
      • User B adds his / her email accounts to Outlook
      would not apply to Microsoft Office 365 Personal as it breaches the licence agreement?
    2. Am I correct?
    3. If it does apply how can I install Microsoft Office 365 Personal in a second pc so that my email accounts A are not loaded, and I can only add B email account on the second pc?
    4. Would B be able to access A OneDrive?
    5. Or would B have a separate 1TB free space in One drive, or only the free 5GB or none at all?
    6. And most importantly is this even legal or in breach of contract as Microsoft Office 365 Personal is for one user only?

scopio, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

I added a new device on to my Office account but it seems to have replaced another without...

1. I added a new device on to my Office account but it seems to have replaced another without... - Similar Threads - added device Office

2. I just added a new email account to my Office account. I'm able to get the emails on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just added a new email account to my Office account. I'm able to get the emails on my...: UTC Date: 2023-03-29T16:20:36.809ZClient Id: 8D50CC3988F245F9BF8C7387A3AAD9C3Session Id: 41f14071-fd0b-4430-b24e-b5887d29c12dClient Version: 20230317009.13BootResult: accessDeniedBack Filled Errors: Noneerr: Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.MailboxUnavailableExceptionesrc:...
  3. How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...: Hi! Does anyone know how I can replace my Dad's administrator account with my own? I am asking because I own the windows computer and want it to be connected to my email. When I bought the PC I initially used his account and put everything on it since he moved to MAC. I made...
  4. How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...: Hi! Does anyone know how I can replace my Dad's administrator account with my own? I am asking because I own the windows computer and want it to be connected to my email. When I bought the PC I initially used his account and put everything on it since he moved to MAC. I made...
  5. How to replace administrator account with another without losing files, downloads, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How can I have Office on Multiple Devices, without having my entire Windows account Mirrored.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I have Office on Multiple Devices, without having my entire Windows account Mirrored.: I recently purchased a laptop I use for work mostly, so I have different files on there I do not need on my personal desktop. I logged in my office account so I can use Excel and Word on the laptop, but as I downloaded programs I only use on my laptop, they were downloaded to...
  7. How can I have Office on Multiple Devices, without having my entire Windows account Mirrored.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I have Office on Multiple Devices, without having my entire Windows account Mirrored.: I recently purchased a laptop I use for work mostly, so I have different files on there I do not need on my personal desktop. I logged in my office account so I can use Excel and Word on the laptop, but as I downloaded programs I only use on my laptop, they were downloaded to...
  8. Adding a device to my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding a device to my account: Im trying to add a device to my microsoft account. I have followed the steps but its still not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-device-to-my-account/44a93c08-1dd1-420b-9027-bcf4d4511949"
  9. Adding a Device to My Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a Device to My Account: I accidentally removed a new computer from my Microsoft account. How can I add it again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/adding-a-device-to-my-account/e4dd57b7-bb02-4c40-9b5a-9b64328f9440"
  10. Added another account, then weirdness

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Added another account, then weirdness: Have a 8.1 laptop that I added an existing W10 MS account to. The computer went thru gyrations similar to all the W10 installs, "HI" adding apps, configuring, etc and then made me verify who I am etc. The background I have on my W10 desktop machine now appears on the W8.1...