Windows 10: I added my Laptop as a device but still can't install Minecraft

Discus and support I added my Laptop as a device but still can't install Minecraft in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I added my Laptop as a device and when I click INSTALL SOFTWARE it says I have no devices. I logged out, rebooted but still it doesn't see the device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EllenBellini, Oct 18, 2020.

1. I added my Laptop as a device but still can't install Minecraft

I added my Laptop as a device and when I click INSTALL SOFTWARE it says I have no devices. I logged out, rebooted but still it doesn't see the device. When I go into Devices my laptop is there, but not when I try to install.

:)

EllenBellini, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Barman58 Win User

Homegroup For Minecraft Servers Or What?

It looks as if the existing minecraft server will use the new system without modification - It needs to be able to access the computers on the network in a two way link, which is the standard for Workgroup and Homegroup

There is a complete step by step available, if you have any issues ...

Tutorials/Setting up a server – Official Minecraft Wiki

It's not something I have any direct experience with but a quick read suggests to me that you will not need to do Much if any reconfiguration of the existing server

Barman58, Oct 18, 2020
  3. krosbonez Win User
    Trouble installing Minecraft on new laptop

I just purchased my son a laptop and wanted to add minecraft. I logged in on his laptop with my MS account info and purchased Minecraft but it tried downloading it to my computer instead of his laptop. It did not list his laptop as an option to download
    the game to.

How do I install onto his laptop? How do I get the installation options again, since I can't find them and only option is to purchase again?

krosbonez, Oct 18, 2020
  4. I added my Laptop as a device but still can't install Minecraft

Install Minecraft on other Device

Hi Kannon

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Are you signed into the same account you used to download Minecraft on the other computer?

Also, were these the steps you went through?

Launch the Store...

Click the ellipsis in the top right corner of the screen (...)

Click My Library

Scroll through the list then click the Minecraft app if its listed there, then click the Install button.

If you are signed in with the right account..

I recommend you contact support and let them put you through a tier 2 support so they can investigate your Microsoft Account, because that is likely where the issue lies why you are having issues downloading it. They will probably as for permission to connect
    to your machine and investigate the problem.

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

Andre for Directly, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

I added my Laptop as a device but still can't install Minecraft

1. I added my Laptop as a device but still can't install Minecraft - Similar Threads - added Laptop device

2. I can't install Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install Minecraft: I have Windows 10 version 20H2 and I am trying to install Minecraft on my PC but it only has a white button or it says manage and then it just won't install, I have tried many things and nothing....
  3. I can't install Minecraft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't install Minecraft: I have Windows 10 version 20H2 and I am trying to install Minecraft on my PC but it only has a white button or it says manage and then it just won't install, I have tried many things and nothing....
  4. I can't install Minecraft

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. RE: Adding devices that can't be added.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RE: Adding devices that can't be added.: Chat support told me that in order to stop getting security mails that force me to verify and change my password I need to add ALL my devices. Well, I can't do that, I don't want to do that. Some of my devices are just temporary, really outdated. What if I need to borrow...
  6. I can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't install Minecraft for Windows 10 on my laptop.: Hi, I bought minecraft bedrock edition on my xbox through the microsoft store a while back and i recently bought a new laptop but when I went to the microsoft store, it said that I owned the game but wouldn't let me install it on my laptop. Only one option was showing...
  7. Minecraft is not installing on my device

Minecraft is not installing on my device: I bought Minecraft from the Microsoft Store just minutes ago. After the payment I went to the store to install it but i cannot do it. It says that I don't have an applicable device linked to my microsoft account even though I have an applicable deviceSONY laptop....
  8. I can't install Minecraft

I can't install Minecraft: I was running Minecraft OK. I signed up for the Beta to see the RTX version. Instead of the RTX version, I got 1.16. I couldn't get anything other than 1.16, no matter if I selected the RTX version 1.15, or even if I unenrolled from the Beta program. I tried various...
  9. Bought Minecraft on my laptop, can't install????

Bought Minecraft on my laptop, can't install????: I bought Minecraft Windows 10 Starter Edition on the Microsoft Store just now, and when I clicked "Install" there's an error message about not having any applicable devices linked to my account, but I'm on a laptop, it should be able to download on a laptop no?? And now...
  10. I can't Install minecraft

I can't Install minecraft: So I bought minecraft starter edition but when i click "Install/Play" nothing happens. Someone please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-minecraft/295966d1-406c-4045-8a95-133443a7be5d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. minecraft does not install in another device