Windows 10: I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't...

Discus and support I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was playing around with security settings to add a password to a folder.I failed, and added some quirky feature to all of my folders and files that i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SzymonLic, Aug 31, 2020.

1. SzymonLic Win User

I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't...

I was playing around with security settings to add a password to a folder.I failed, and added some quirky feature to all of my folders and files that i now create.If only i create a new folder or a text document, I get an icon with a padlock next to it.

It's worth mentioning I created something called "certificate import wizzard" on my desktop.

My files that I'd previously made were not affected by this, but it's an annoying problem and probably adds some not needed security for my system.

The question is: how do I remove this feature completely from my laptop?

:)

SzymonLic, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Nomgle Win User

Two bugs in GPU-Z - icon and version number

Adding my name to the list of people with weird missing icon problems *Smile I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't... :)

Nomgle, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Nokia 7610 padlock icon

The padlock icon is normally open during a call its nothing to worry about it means the connection is not secure ,ive never seen the T as you described can you post a screenshot?

techbuzzireland, Aug 31, 2020
  4. NannaBarb Win User

I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't...

How to remove PADLOCK in Disc Cleanup..Temporary Internet Files.

Thank you shim shom... I have now added "Take ownership" thing to the menu when I right click on it.

Thank you Eagle 51. You said the padlock is the Icon ?? It cannot be removed? Makes sense to me now.

I have been searching for a month trying to find a way to untick something to make the padlock go away! *Redface

Thank you so much for your help...... I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't... :)

....Eagle 51 ... I will attempt to do the other things you suggest as well thank you.

sorry about the multiple edits to this post *Confused*Confused

NannaBarb, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't... - Similar Threads - added weird feature

2. There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i...: There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i can't remove it or do anything with it please help and when i try to take ownership over the file most of the times it doesn't work or if it does it doesn't allow me to remove it and...
  3. There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i...: There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i can't remove it or do anything with it please help and when i try to take ownership over the file most of the times it doesn't work or if it does it doesn't allow me to remove it and...
  4. There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i...: There is a weird username in my permissions and it has control over some of my files and i can't remove it or do anything with it please help and when i try to take ownership over the file most of the times it doesn't work or if it does it doesn't allow me to remove it...
  5. JPG files are with padlock icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG files are with padlock icons: JPG files are with padlock icons after reinstall of windows 10 pro. The files were applied security attributes before reinstallation. When trying to change the permission now, I get the message " Files cannot be decrypted"How can I remove the lock icons? Please help...
  6. JPG files are with padlock icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG files are with padlock icons: JPG files are with padlock icons after reinstall of windows 10 pro. The files were applied security attributes before reinstallation. When trying to change the permission now, I get the message " Files cannot be decrypted"How can I remove the lock icons? Please help...
  7. JPG files are with padlock icons

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Padlock Icon on file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Padlock Icon on file: How do I remove the padlock icon off of my file? I remember that I put the lock icon on my file using the command prompt and I want to remove the lock off of my file or folder using the command prompt but forgot the cmd. I think the padlock icon means it won't share the file...
  9. a padlock next to all of my wifi options. How do I remove these padlocks>

a padlock next to all of my wifi options. How do I remove these padlocks>: I just did a windows 10 update - while I still have internet access - now there's a padlock next to all of my wifi options. I cannot connect any new devices due to this. How do I remove the padlocks? My windows is Version10.0.19041 Build 19041...
  10. Some file icons look weird

Some file icons look weird: after documents the download icon shrunk. Idk it looks weird[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-file-icons-look-weird/3467abc7-739a-4abd-a39e-79c19dd530e7