Windows 10: I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't...

Discus and support I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know you're supposed to have your OS on a seperate hard drive, is there a way to fix this after the fact? submitted by /u/Mcdanielsmcdaniels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mcdanielsmcdaniels, Feb 14, 2020.

1. I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't...

I know you're supposed to have your OS on a seperate hard drive, is there a way to fix this after the fact?

submitted by /u/Mcdanielsmcdaniels
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mcdanielsmcdaniels, Feb 14, 2020
  2. little cat, Feb 14, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Copy OS Drive to another hard drive

I don't want to format my OS. But can I copy my current OS drive to a partition on another hard drive ?

I'm planning on using the hard drive that has the OS in my current PC in another PC.

Will Reflect do this for me ?

wolf2009, Feb 14, 2020
  4. I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't...

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't...

1. I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't... - Similar Threads - addicentally cluttered hard

2. I completely reset my pc due to problems with it and it was fixed but my hard drive was...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I completely reset my pc due to problems with it and it was fixed but my hard drive was...: which is fine because it stops me from having to redownload all my games. but with the games in launchers that dont automatically sync it, it shows i dont have the game downloaded. how do i fix this...
  3. I completely reset my pc due to problems with it and it was fixed but my hard drive was...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I completely reset my pc due to problems with it and it was fixed but my hard drive was...: which is fine because it stops me from having to redownload all my games. but with the games in launchers that dont automatically sync it, it shows i dont have the game downloaded. how do i fix this...
  4. I completely reset my pc due to problems with it and it was fixed but my hard drive was...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't upload anything to my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't upload anything to my hard drive: Some how my HDD on my H.P All-In-One computer has gotten locked. I think it has something to do with Bitlocker, since when I look at it in Disk Management it says Bitlocker Encrypted. Now every time I start my computer and try to access the hard drive it makes me enter the...
  6. I can't upload anything to my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upload anything to my hard drive: Some how my HDD on my H.P All-In-One computer has gotten locked. I think it has something to do with Bitlocker, since when I look at it in Disk Management it says Bitlocker Encrypted. Now every time I start my computer and try to access the hard drive it makes me enter the...
  7. I can't use my external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use my external hard drive: I have my external hard drive plugged in but it says "D:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect." when I try to open it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-my-external-hard-drive/a2414c75-14c4-42a4-9017-765a8ca71c70
  8. Can I fix my Hard Disk Drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I fix my Hard Disk Drive?: Windows 10 suddenly won't boot or suddenly crashes showing BSODs like UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION, MEMORY MANAGEMENT, and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED in my Seagate 1TB HDD. I think it was a problem with the disk, I replaced my Disk with another one and the problem was solved. Can...
  9. I can't see my hard drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't see my hard drives: I have 4 hard drives, an nmve(c:) two ssd hard drives (120gb and 480 gb) and an hdd(1tb). In the disk manager I can only see two of them, the c and the ssd of 480 gb, in "this computer" I also only see the two indicated. But in the device manager I see all of them in the...
  10. Can't rename my hard drives i think?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't rename my hard drives i think?: Yea this is strange i tried renaming my 500 GB SSD i just popped in, i have total ownership administrator rights, BUT when i right click select properties type in new name Documents "msgbox you need permissions bla bla" press ok, BUT NO NAME CHANGE. hmm i tried my other hard...