Windows 10: I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't...

Discus and support I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know you're supposed to have your OS on a seperate hard drive, is there a way to fix this after the fact? submitted by /u/Mcdanielsmcdaniels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mcdanielsmcdaniels, Feb 14, 2020.

1. I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't...

I know you're supposed to have your OS on a seperate hard drive, is there a way to fix this after the fact?

submitted by /u/Mcdanielsmcdaniels
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mcdanielsmcdaniels, Feb 14, 2020
  2. little cat, Feb 14, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Copy OS Drive to another hard drive

I don't want to format my OS. But can I copy my current OS drive to a partition on another hard drive ?

I'm planning on using the hard drive that has the OS in my current PC in another PC.

Will Reflect do this for me ?

wolf2009, Feb 14, 2020
  4. I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't...

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't...

1. I addicentally cluttered my OS hard drive when i built my pc, is there a quick fix? Can't... - Similar Threads - addicentally cluttered hard

2. I accidentally moved my D:/ hard drive to my Images library, how do I fix that ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I accidentally moved my D:/ hard drive to my Images library, how do I fix that ?: Hi, I've recently decided to move some of libraries to my hdd so they doen't bloat my C:/ drive. I right clicked on my Images folder > properties > move to D:/. Now, the images folder that used to appear on "This PC" in the files explorer redirects to my D:/ drive ! So,...
  3. I can’t fix my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t fix my PC: Hi, im Duo About three weeks ago, my PC got crash so i can not get access into my home screen. Then i download the window10 setup.exe and move them to my USB, after that I boot my crash PC to Recovery Environment screen but i don’t see the button “Use another device” to...
  4. How can I remove everything from my hard drive except my OS?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I remove everything from my hard drive except my OS?: I'm pretty sure I have a virus because my C drive keeps filling itself up for some reason. I tried deleting stuff to make space but it just fills up again. Windows defender avast both can't find it. I tried the factory reset option but it tells me it will only clear my D...
  5. I can't partition my hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't partition my hard disk: Hi everyone, I'm using a Dell XPS 15 9570 and I'm trying to partition my C: drive but I'm facing an issue with storage. Even though I have more than 90GB free, every time I try to partition the disk I'm given only 2GB to work with. I've cleared up temporary files and...
  6. My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My windows 10 os is completely broken and I can't fix it: Hi, The windows functionality of my pc has not worked in 4 months; and to state something in advance, my computer is completely unable to do any in place upgrades, after I've been with multiple microsoft technicians back in december. As of right now, my list of issues with...
  7. My hard drive failed with my OS on it (Windows10) and i dont know what to do.

My hard drive failed with my OS on it (Windows10) and i dont know what to do.: I bought a lenovo pc off microsoft in august and i began hearing loud grinding noises from the hdd which i know is a sign of its death. Before i could do anything i got error code 1962 - no OS found. So i tried accessing my BIOS but i could not so i just replaced the HDD...
  8. Creating a partitition on my OS hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a partitition on my OS hard drive: I'm running Windows 10. It's located on a hard drive that 2Tb. I notice on Control Panel > All Tasks, there's a item "Create and format hard disk partitions." I've been wanting to partition this hard drive so that Windows and my programs are in one partition and everything...
  9. I just lost my hard drive and it's stating it cannot find the OS

I just lost my hard drive and it's stating it cannot find the OS: I have Win7 Ultimate, I did the free Win 10 update and couldn't have been pleased more. I just lost my hard drive and it's stating it cannot find the OS. I have my win7 product key but not a win 10 product key. What do I need to do to do an install?...
  10. Can't rename my hard drives i think?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't rename my hard drives i think?: Yea this is strange i tried renaming my 500 GB SSD i just popped in, i have total ownership administrator rights, BUT when i right click select properties type in new name Documents "msgbox you need permissions bla bla" press ok, BUT NO NAME CHANGE. hmm i tried my other hard...