Windows 10: I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?

Discus and support I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-allowed-a-scammer-remote-access-to-my/639b38bc-2a9f-4d5d-925f-2574b8aa1405 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by marcellaburg, Nov 9, 2019.

1. I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?

How do i fix this?

:)

marcellaburg, Nov 9, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Remote access

Hi zabby937

Did you allow those Tech Support scammers to have Remote Access to your PC, they would have asked you to allow that?

Once you have turned off Remote Access, they can no longer access your PC.

Open Control Panel - Programs and Features, order that list by Date Installed

Check for any software installed on that date, like TeamViewer or LogMeIn, if you find any remoting application like those, uninstall it

Other than that, you have taken all the right steps and your PC will be fine, you do not need to worry about this further . .

DaveM121, Nov 9, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

Hi T1R027

This is very common these days, these scammers are not technically proficient and rely upon an innocent user to give them remote access

If you have Reset Windows 10, you have done the right thing, you have nothing to worry about and no need to clean install Windows

These Tech support scammers typically add software to remote to the PC, they then deliberately corrupt Windows in order to scam money from the user.

Once you have Reset Windows, anything they have done to that PC will be removed, there is no need to re-format and re-install

DaveM121, Nov 9, 2019
  4. oakam Win User

I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?

How to allow remote access to my computer

I tried to allow remote access to my computer but when I opened the
    remoe tab on the advnced setup only the upper part shown. see the photo.
    no radio button to choose is shown. How to solve that?

oakam, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?

1. I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now? - Similar Threads - allowed scammer remote

2. Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammers Remote Controlling My Computer: So, earlier some person I know ended falling in a scam and gave other people access to him computer remotely. I tried to find the app they were using to do this, but they always closed the the tabs and were trying even to stop me from turning the computer off. Because of that...
  3. I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I restarted my computer, now I am not allowed to sign in.: So this evening I decided to restart my personal windows 10 computer and upon restarting I cannot login. I try to enter my pin and it says "Your credentials could not be verified."Okay, no problem I thought. I hit "OK" and the next message reads, "something went wrong and...
  4. Untrusted remote access- NOW WHAT?

Untrusted remote access- NOW WHAT?: My PC has been compromised by untrusted remote access. Will a NEW PC and CHANGING EVERY PASSWORD on every account, get rid of them? How do I assure I don't unknowingly 'invite' them into my new PC?...
  5. Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer

Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer: I locked my computer remotely with the Find My Device tab. I now can't log into my computer. When I enter my pin it tells me "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the Internet, and have your administrator sign in first."I...
  6. What drivers are being used for remote access to my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What drivers are being used for remote access to my computer?: A lot of them contain the name root and my ex has gotten into my network so trying to get him off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-drivers-are-being-used-for-remote-access-to/588d1735-c5e6-4264-ab39-a650fa5e0a7d
  7. Scammer accessing my computer

Scammer accessing my computer: He said he worked for MS said my anti virus had expired, He said he needed to access my PC to install the new software. It took me 15 mins on the phone with him to make up my mind, weather or not to give him access, to my computer, but I did! MORON Any ways The...
  8. scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    scammer had remote access to pc for five minutes: hi I restored pc to factory settings with every thing removed and the pc runs well and I have added malewarebytes pro which scans daily and has found nothing . could a rootkit placed remotely by the scammer survive and run undetected thanks peter...
  9. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer: My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your computer has been infected by a virus, etc. Typical scam. Well my dad actually did call and gave them remote access to...
  10. How to allow remote access to my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to allow remote access to my computer: I tried to allow remote access to my computer but when I opened the remoe tab on the advnced setup only the upper part shown. see the photo. no radio button to choose is shown. How to solve that? 93868

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Scammer